CVS wow

beacon

Tonight I was in a CVS for the first time since they stopped selling cigs. They had the whole wall area where the cigs were sold behind the cashiers boarded up with big signs about quitting websites and nurse practitioners for help. Next to this they had a wall display of NRT products of all types: patches, gum, lozenges , all sorts of stuff. ( I almost bought some lozenges because I am a compulsive ex-addict and the display was so appealing. ;) )

I told the cashier how I had quit just a year ago but she really did not care as there was a line behind me. I asked her if people were mad that there were no more cigarettes being sold but that pushed her over the edge of her customer service skills so I left smiling on the inside. I used to buy my cigarettes there every day.

• Like 7

They still do in the other big chains, CVS is the first one to stop. Addicts are great customers and they are in the business of supplying drugs. Selling cigarettes almost guarantees future business as other health problems will follow. Where I live there is a store selling cigarettes called Liberty Tobacco and on the side of their building they painted "Cheap Smokes", how's that for some dark ironic humor? Tobacco is used to enslave the smoker and the smokes are cheap if the life of the smoker is worthless.

• Like 2