SOS Anxiety

natalie_3

Natalie it does get better. It does get so much easier. You are in the roughest week of the roughest month. Take it hour by hour if need be for now just don't give in. Breath 4 seconds in hold and then back out. My favorite is screaming into a pillow... it gets my frustration out. Smoking is not going to help the anxiety, just make it worse. It doesn't slow the heart rate, it speeds it up. 

• Like 2

Yes! You are right! I don´t want to go back in the chain of smoking just one, and then another...NOPE

This is true - there is no such thing as 'just one'... After that 'just one', you would feel exactly like you do now, and want another 'just one' - you can never make your addiction full - the only way to get past is to starve it!

• Like 1

Natalie it does get better. It does get so much easier. You are in the roughest week of the roughest month. Take it hour by hour if need be for now just don't give in. Breath 4 seconds in hold and then back out. My favorite is screaming into a pillow... it gets my frustration out. Smoking is not going to help the anxiety, just make it worse. It doesn't slow the heart rate, it speeds it up. 

I thought the roughest was going to be the first day, but you´re right, I don´t know why but it´s getting harder. 

Ok early evening ....so time to go run a nice bubbly bath ,and pamper your little self....

Pour some nice oils in ....light some candles......some nice soft music in the back ground....

Great idea!!! I think I´ll do that, and let you guys know how it worked. Thanks!

• Like 3

I thought the roughest was going to be the first day, but you´re right, I don´t know why but it´s getting harder.

The first week is called Hell Week... So the whole week can be bad - everyone is different. And you have almost not smoked for a whole week!!!!!

• Like 1

I think that I posted the video of what we go through on your introduction. Let me find it again. It helps to explain what our bodies are going through. 

• Like 1

You know Natalie, if someone had told me at the beginning of the year I was going to be a non smoker...I would have laughed in their face....but 6 months down the track and yeah more that the odd temper tantrum, jekyll and Hyde moments and many many many hours of read on the forum....Here I am after 30 years of smoking a packet of 30's a day....FREE.....

Natalie you can do this....you don't need those cigarettes....there is NOTHING good about them...learn to hate them...they were killing you...try and embrace the freedom and let yourself accept the bad times because you will become stronger each time and the GOOD times will become more frequent....

I know these are only words from someone you don't know from a bar of soap....but it does get better....so much so you will feel like giving yourself a hug for your achievement.!!!!!!!

KTQ Natalie.....

Dors  :)

• Like 6