Hello everyone!

Hey, I could not count how many times I have failed with nicotine. It could be cigarettes, velo or vaping. I started in my 18 and it is continuing to ruin my inner energy and confidence since then. So it is already 12 years of struggling to quit and today I try this forum to help me. I will also transfer everyday money for each clean day to my saving account to get my dream scooter so lets get it started.

I will be greatful for any reccomendations how to use this forum although I will go through the beginners manual anyway and try to post daily my commitment and progress. Ultimately, my goal is to help others once I help myself Because there is nothing on this planet I wish more than free myself from this mental prison which is nicotine.

So today, while vaping, writing this post and giving a public promise to quit 6.6.2024 at 8pm (in approx 6 minutes) and to never touch this hell ever again.

Thank you all for support and may the power be with us. :) 

• Like 7

Welcome to QuitTrain @Dejvis93.  So glad that you found us to help you along your quitting journey! Quitting smoking isn't easy and I'm not gonna sugar coat it at all. It's difficult in the beginning but totally doable.  This forum helped me so much and I have made some great friends along the way.  There is a whole bunch of information for you to read, videos to watch and people to talk to.  We are all at different stages of quitting.  This is my 2nd and last time quitting.  First time was back in 2009 when I quit for 6 years.  This is my last time and I am now a little over a year quit.  We have a couple people here who are newbies, a few who are at the decade level and many in between.  Stick around, vent to us when you need to as you will get a lot of support. There is also a games section to take your mind off of smoking.  So again, welcome, good luck with your quit and have a great evening! 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to quittrain @Dejvis93, what a great gift you're giving yourself to take back your freedom :) The beginners manual as you call it is a great place to start. All of the pinned posts at the top of the forums are great to educate yourself on our addiction. Feel free to ask the board any questions along the way. We have a great group here in all phases of quitting so more than likely someone can help :) 

You can do this, we are all proof. Stay close, post often. Read threads of watch videos if that's more your thing, we have a ton of them :) 

• Like 4

Welcome @Dejvis93! Quitting is possible for all of us and that applies to you as well. You just have to stick to your commitment to take another puff on the vape or a cig.

It's quite simple actually but it's not easy! Nicotine addiction will play havoc with your mind in the early days of withdrawal. Some days, you just gotta grit your teeth and deny even the most difficult cravings. 

Even the most difficult quit never killed anyone where as smoking ...... well, that's a different story. Just make wise choices and never listen to the little nagging voice in your head that tries to convince you to have "just a few puffs".

You can do it my friend!

Leap.jpg.b41b8b5f9741cbe6b6508ac2b9306033.jpg

• Like 5

Welcome aboard the train @Dejvis93.  You've already got great advice from the veterans.  All I will add is look into nicotinic acid...aka niacin...aka Vitamin B3.   I've been fascinated with it lately as it is used for all types of addictions and mental disorders so of course I tried it and of course I took the mega dose.  Does it work?  I don't know but I did enjoy the flush I got.  This isn't a recommendation however.  It's just what I do.  Do your research and consult your doctor before you decide it's right for you.  Anyway, glad you decided to quit and came here to get some support.  

• Like 3

Hi @Dejvis93! Good riddance to the vaping, and welcome to your new freedom! Being part of a group like this is a great source of support and information as well as positive reinforcement for your resolve and accountability. Nicotine is a cunning opponent, but quitting IS possible. Learn all you can about addiction, stay busy and stay positive! 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

Hello and welcome aboard 

Read , Read , Read 

Read and Learn x

Thank yu, just finished my 1st day clean :) 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, jillar said:

Hey @Dejvis93, just checking on you to let you know the site is back up and hoping you kept your awesome quit....

Hey, thank you. I thought site is gone forever hah. I do still keep it going ! 

• Like 6

Yea, it was a longer outage than anyone thought it would be but we're back now and I'm very happy to hear your still going strong with your awesome quit ☺ 

• Like 3

Glad to hear your quit is still going strong @Dejvis93!

Remember that that damn vaping never did 1 good thing for you. It only drained your wallet & stole your personal freedom by enslaving you to nicotine!!

you can likely see that better now that you’ve kicked that junk to the kerb👍

• Like 5

Well dome @Dejvis93!! You’ve gotten through the initial withdrawal and come out fighting!

Now the work shifts a bit… rebuilding your life that was held hostage to vaping. You will be tested. Cravings will come, triggers and temptations will arise. The fight will get gradually easier.  But now you have many days of proof that you DON’T need nicotine to cope. Well done! Keep flying!

IMG_8758.GIF

• Like 6

1 minute ago, DenaliBlues said:

Well dome @Dejvis93!! You’ve gotten through the initial withdrawal and come out fighting!

Now the work shifts a bit… rebuilding your life that was held hostage to vaping. You will be tested. Cravings will come, triggers and temptations will arise. The fight will get gradually easier.  But now you have many days of proof that you DON’T need nicotine to cope. Well done! Keep flying!

IMG_8758.GIF

You are actually spot on here. What has been a full time work before to battle with addiction is now gone. I am starting to feel more energy and I do realize I need to do some changes in my life and constantly improving all areas of my life. Because what this addiction did to me, was to shift my attention only to nicotine and also lower my energy. So all I did last years was trying to quit my addiction but now I can finally live my life. I never want to have these chains again in my life, ever.

• Like 6