i'm so excited!

babs609

all this exercise and clean eating has made me feel better than i have in years...honestly!  I have had times in my life where I thought i was healthy and felt pretty good but not like this...because this time...i'm a non smoker!!

and now...at my gym...i am one of 7 finalists.   The winner is voted on by other members for the best transformation in 10 weeks....i will find out tomorrow the results.

I am already feeling like a winner...and to have been nominated by my peers feels amazing in itself...but wow...i could definitely use that money...who couldn't, right?

Going to see my son graduate from basic training in less than a month...wonder if he will recognize me  :)

• Like 18

thanks you guys!!  Action....a thousand US dollars....that would buy me a nice amount of new clothes and also help with my trip to South Carolina next month....

but like joe said.....i'm already a winner....and so thrilled to inspire others too

Just in the last week people are approaching me like crazy and asking me what i'm doing and saying "wow"  haha...honestly i don't like that much attention. I feel awkward

• Like 7

Aww I love this, it makes me smile for you. We all need a little feel good factor in our lives and what a fabulous and healthy way to get itfor yourself!!

Absolutely inspirational!! 

Money's always good but self worth and pride are priceless - good job beauty!!

x

• Like 1

Thats super great, thanks for posting this for those like me who figure its a lost cause. :dash2:  :dash2: 

Never a lost cause Beth!  I know you have made positive changes as well.  Keep doing as you are doing, one day at a time.  One day, you look at yourself and no longer see how far you have to go...you see how far you've come. 

Thank you Beth...and thank you everyone for your constant, loving support and encouragement.  Means a lot  :)

• 2 weeks later...

i was a finalist but not a winner...that's ok...the girl who won definitely deserved it.  She cried and everything.  I think it was much more of a life changing event for her.  A very needed one.  It's all good..I feel great and am into week 3 of the next challenge.

I have always been a little large...but im tall and was able to pull it off.  But not in the last year...when i quit the gym last year...after a year of keeping the weight stable after quitting smoking.....i gained 30 pounds. 

So far my weight loss is at 42 lbs and still climbing...have about 25 to go.

I hate the picture on the left but...i'm proud of the new me and if I inspire one person to make a change in their life then its worth putting myself out there. 

Quitting smoking has changed my life in so many ways.  I know I will never go back to that girl on the left.  No more yo yo dieting...no more searching for miracle diets and products.  Just eating a clean, nutrient enriched diet and daily exercise...for the rest of my life.

934832_10202789072471810_886918162762470

• Like 4

i was a finalist but not a winner...that's ok...the girl who won definitely deserved it.  She cried and everything.  I think it was much more of a life changing event for her.  A very needed one.  It's all good..I feel great and am into week 3 of the next challenge.

I have always been a little large...but im tall and was able to pull it off.  But not in the last year...when i quit the gym last year...after a year of keeping the weight stable after quitting smoking.....i gained 30 pounds. 

So far my weight loss is at 42 lbs and still climbing...have about 25 to go.

I hate the picture on the left but...i'm proud of the new me and if I inspire one person to make a change in their life then its worth putting myself out there. 

Quitting smoking has changed my life in so many ways.  I know I will never go back to that girl on the left.  No more yo yo dieting...no more searching for miracle diets and products.  Just eating a clean, nutrient enriched diet and daily exercise...for the rest of my life.

934832_10202789072471810_886918162762470

You have worked so hard...you are a true inspiration!

Wow, Babs, you really DID transform yourself, didn't you? You look very fit now, and a lot smaller. I'm trying to do the same thing-- good nutrition and regular exercise. It's awfully hard to incorporate these changes into my life, your examples shows me how worthwhile is the effort. Congratulations, and thank you for the inspiration. 

• Like 1