QuittingGirl is One Year Smoke Free Today!!!

jillar

Woo-hoo @QuittingGirl, you old pharte! Congratulations!!! You had some real struggles in the beginning and you held on and now you're free. You should be so proud of yourself.  I hope you celebrate this huge accomplishment today ☺ 

image.png.293ee6e24dc6a49c766bfd22cf9933fc.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It's always a joy and an honor to welcome a 1 Year quitter to the Lido Deck Club! 

Today is a MAJOR milestone for you but quitting is a lifelong job so I hope you soak it all in today as you relax by the pool sipping some chilled Chardonnay. Remaining smoke free for life is pretty easy from here on providing you remain vigilant :) 

Congrats @QuittingGirl!!

LidoDeck1.gif.cc8e189a5a626269f4826cb2df4dacb3.gif

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so much folks!  I can't believe it's been a year already.  It seems like yesterday when I came on this site talking about how I was struggling with the weaning method smoking two cigs a day.  I think back to those early days and how horrible I felt, climbing the walls,  being such a beyatch.  Ohh it was a horrible time for sure and I was such a mess.  😬 Thank you for all your help and friendship, I appreciate it so much. 😊 I am definitely going to remain vigilant, and the easiest way to remain quit, is to just not take that one cigarette!!  I think I am doing so well, considering my mom lives downstairs from me and she smokes, (we own a 2 family house), and I am down by her a lot.  I think me smelling her smoke keeps me in check and makes me stronger.  I certainly could have stolen a cig or two when she wasn't looking, but I won't.  Although I still do get the urge, but it's not nearly as bad as it was in the beginning. Being a part of The Train has helped me tremendously, getting advice from all of you, but also giving advice to newbies who have climbed aboard after me.  I consider myself a "regular" passenger on The Train now.  I'm not a newbie anymore, but I will always need The Train.  @Reciprocity, as you say, quitting smoking is a lifelong job, so that is why I am always gonna be around here! 😃

I am truly touched by your kindness and friendship towards me and I really consider you my friends even though it's online.  It's too bad we all live in different parts of the country and world, it would be so great to have a meetup!

Thanks so much again guys!! 

Love,

Sandi

image.png.1876f7a5e9437577c0b763c726f0b767.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Well Sweetheart … you did it 

Welcome to the Lido Deck .. a wonderful place to be . 
Us Oldies love it when we get to celebrate with a member who arrives here .

It means the Train is still full steam ahead . 
We are so proud of you .

Thank you for all your support to those who follow .. 

Its been fun to ride your journey with you 

Hope to soon whip the sticks arse in the counting game .

Celebrate in style , you have worked hard for the moment XXX

IMG_2194.GIF

IMG_2189.GIF

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nancy said:

Way to go, Quitting Girl!!  So happy and proud for you.  Welcome to the Lido Deck!!

image.thumb.png.626812eb479ea312c42eec04059abcd4.png

Thank you Nancy!!!

1 hour ago, despair not said:

Great job QG 

Glad you made it you deserve a pat on the back and a nice long break from all that counting you do in chicks and sticks game.

LOL!!! Thanks so much!!! 🙂 You are so funny!! 😆😆

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

Well Sweetheart … you did it 

Welcome to the Lido Deck .. a wonderful place to be . 
Us Oldies love it when we get to celebrate with a member who arrives here .

It means the Train is still full steam ahead . 
We are so proud of you .

Thank you for all your support to those who follow .. 

Its been fun to ride your journey with you 

Hope to soon whip the sticks arse in the counting game .

Celebrate in style , you have worked hard for the moment XXX

IMG_2194.GIF

IMG_2189.GIF

Hi Doreen, Thanks so much!! I can't believe  it's been a year!! Thank you for all your support!! You have been wonderful to me in the last year!! 😊

OHHH, WE GOT TO WHIP THOSE STICKS!!!! YESS, WE WILL!!!!

image.png.2ae662e35f7cf55be37708b973f01a83.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, jillar said:

Woo-hoo @QuittingGirl, you old pharte! Congratulations!!! You had some real struggles in the beginning and you held on and now you're free. You should be so proud of yourself.  I hope you celebrate this huge accomplishment today ☺ 

image.png.293ee6e24dc6a49c766bfd22cf9933fc.png

Thank you Jill, I really appreciate you and all your help for the past year!!! 😍  You have been an amazing help!!! 😁😘

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DenaliBlues said:

Welcome to the Lido Deck @QuittingGirl!! You are a great model of how perseverance and engagement here on the Train can help folks find freedom. Hats off to you, my friend!!

IMG_0862.gif

Thank you so much Stew and Denali, my friends!!! I really appreciate your help.  Ohhh and Stewie, you are not far behind me, in 2 months you will be there as well!!! 😁 And, we will be celebrating your 1 year quit!!

• Like 5

Congratulations on making it to the Lido deck. This is just one milestone in a long line of milestones to come. You so deserve a special reward today. Let the party begin...

image.png.7658057c91b2e4e4aa407bfa4e46ec6a.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Gday

Well it’s about time!….. 

Yes about time and you started with minutes and hours 

Then progressed to days and weeks.

Now it’s years ….. best way to measure a quit 

Congrats. ( feels pretty good don’t it?)

Chris

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Mac#23 said:

Congratulations on making it to the Lido deck. This is just one milestone in a long line of milestones to come. You so deserve a special reward today. Let the party begin...

image.png.7658057c91b2e4e4aa407bfa4e46ec6a.png

Thanks so much Mac!!😁

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cbdave said:

Gday

Well it’s about time!….. 

Yes about time and you started with minutes and hours 

Then progressed to days and weeks.

Now it’s years ….. best way to measure a quit 

Congrats. ( feels pretty good don’t it?)

Chris

Thanks Chris!!  Yup I sure do feel good about myself!  Now onward to year Number 2!!!! 😁

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

A great Lido Party .. I’m still going . 
Is anyone with me x

IMG_2198.GIF

Yup, I certainly am Doreen!!! 😄I am so proud of myself and not only because I quit, but, because now I can help others struggling.  I CAN give advice!!! 😁  And, thank you again for your help this past year!  You and everyone else here helped me get through those horrible early days of quitting.  I think back to that time and I really can't believe how far I have come.  I was having meltdowns in the early days.  I was telling one member in another post how I was doing so terribly and I got through it and she will too!!

Here we go, take a look at this!! LOL!!   I never need an excuse....hahahah!!!

image.png.069ebc204ebc9d34cd2d990404dd4998.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1