What's For Dinner: Part 2

Leanna

looks delicious Leanna!!

Last night was alaskan cod stuffed with spinach, tomato, shrimp... with broccoli and baked potato...

20150128_192440.jpg

That also looks delicious! Yum. I really like how you did your Alaskan cod and will have to try that myself!

• Like 1

looks delicious Leanna!!

Last night was alaskan cod stuffed with spinach, tomato, shrimp... with broccoli and baked potato...

Love the cod idea, Scott! Do I see some kind of sauce on it? Or maybe butter? Whatever it is it looks wonderful!

• Like 1

Love the cod idea, Scott! Do I see some kind of sauce on it? Or maybe butter? Whatever it is it looks wonderful!

I split the thick part of the filet on the flat and basically make a sandwich with it, the tail end is thinner so I just fold it over onto itself. I lightly butter the caserole dish, then place the bottom layer of cod , then I layer the other ingredients lightly brushing some butter on the top ingredient... then I place the top layer of cod, and lightly brush with butter again... Not a lot of spices on my seafood because I try not to cover up the flavor.. but always some lemon and parsly for me. There is no sauce, just the juices that develope while baking... 350 degrees for about 35 minutes.

Note: I make four of these at a time... 2 for dinner and 2 to freeze for a about 10 days. I wrap the casserole with plastic wrap and then foil. take out of freezer in the morning, cook that nigh the same as above.

I usually make a whole bunch of these on Superbowl Sunday.  I am by myself, so I'm just going to make four of them lol.  They have so much cheese and bacon on them, if you realized how much your arteries would clog lol

skins_zps1278073c.jpg

• Like 2

I usually make a whole bunch of these on Superbowl Sunday.  I am by myself, so I'm just going to make four of them lol.  They have so much cheese and bacon on them, if you realized how much your arteries would clog lol

skins_zps1278073c.jpg

No Macaroni and Cheese balls? lol

• Like 1

I have had a hankering for finnan haddie for several years now. When we lived in Chicago, our local Irish pub served it all the time and our local fish monger stocked it (frozen) so I could make it at home. Since we moved to Atlanta-- zero, zip, nada.  :(. Nobody every heard of finnan haddie (it's actually smoked haddock).  Yesterday, I thought to check online suppliers. I was trilled to discover a couple of places here in the States! So I splurged and ordered $50 worth (that ought to last us a while, right?). Then I got to the last page of the order form and discovered that the shipping would be an additional $60 for shipping in styrofoam and ice. No, that's just too expensive for me. I canceled the order. 

Does anybody know where I can get frozen finnan haddie either in Atlanta or where the shipping doesn't cost so much? Really, any place in the southeast-- we could always take a weekend getaway to Savannah or Charleston or someplace and get some finnan haddie while we're there.  :)

So I take a portabello mushroom cap and simmer in a pan with a little water and some steak sauce, I place it on a casserole upside down and fill it with some spinach that I have sauteed with chopped onions, Then I add a beef burger that I topped with a slice of swiss cheese, then a layer of sliced tomatoes, with some sauteed sliced onions and mushrooms, and finally two slices of swiss on top, all ingredients were hot going together (except tomatoes) and I put the whole tower into the oven for about 15 minutes on 250 degrees for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is really good and melted.

20150202_194814.jpg

I served it with a side of homemade mayo, home cut fresh french fries & cole slaw.(not shown)

I am gluten free (no rolls in my world) so this is how I eat a burger.. the little slice of tomato on top was just to pretty it up for you guys..lol

• Like 5

So I take a portabello mushroom cap and simmer in a pan with a little water and some steak sauce, I place it on a casserole upside down and fill it with some spinach that I have sauteed with chopped onions, Then I add a beef burger that I topped with a slice of swiss cheese, then a layer of sliced tomatoes, with some sauteed sliced onions and mushrooms, and finally two slices of swiss on top, all ingredients were hot going together (except tomatoes) and I put the whole tower into the oven for about 15 minutes on 250 degrees for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is really good and melted.

20150202_194814.jpg

I served it with a side of homemade mayo, home cut fresh french fries & cole slaw.(not shown)

I am gluten free (no rolls in my world) so this is how I eat a burger.. the little slice of tomato on top was just to pretty it up for you guys..lol

That looks delicious. Soon there will be no rolls in my world either and I love this idea. 

Pork Chops and Bacon Caramelized Onion Jam

Ingredients

2 large sweet onions
4 slices thick-cut bacon
4 (3/4-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops (about 2-2 1/4 lb)
1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons barbecue rub or seasoning
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup dry sherry wine (or beef broth)

Prep

- Cut onions, and then bacon, into large 2-inch chunks (wash hands).

Steps

1. Preheat large nonstick sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Season pork chops on both sides with 1 tablespoon seasoning. Place oil in pan, then add pork chops; cook 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally, or until well browned and pork is at least 135°F. Remove pork from pan.
  2. Place onions in same pan; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until browned and tender. Add bacon; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until cooked. Stir in remaining 2 teaspoons seasoning. Reduce heat to medium.
  3. Add sherry and pork chops to onion mixture; cook 2-3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by about two-thirds and pork is 145°F (for medium). Serve.

Alfredo Potatoes

Ingredients

14 oz frozen seasoned potato puffs (1/2 bag)
Cooking spray
1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
2 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
1 1/2 cups Alfredo sauce

Steps

1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Place potatoes in 9-inch-square baking dish; coat top of potatoes with spray. Bake 20 minutes or until golden.
2. Chop parsley; combine with bread crumbs. Stir Alfredo sauce into potato puffs, then top with bread crumb mixture. Bake 5-6 more minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)

• Like 2