What's For Dinner: Part 2

Leanna

It took me all that time to get the photo bucket to reset and accept my pictures...   :angry:

and after all that what a let down that this is the only picture I have to share...

It is Last nights  London Broil Dinner as previously described... lol

20150113_190847.jpg

Recap: I marinade mine in a mix of a little olive oil, steak sauce, balsamic, onion powder, garlic powder, ground mustard, Pepper and salt.

I serve it with sauteed onion and mushrooms on the side. The Broccoli is fresh, just lightly seasoned and steamed. For a change I also made a few cheddar and geen onion twice baked potatoes served with sour cream,

Ooh those twice baked potatoes look really good!

Scott have you seen this link for flavour combos?

http://nouveauraw.com/raw-recipe-templates-and-development/flavor-prfiles-that-pair-well-in-recipes/

Also I can imagine you loving this book http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Flavour-Thesaurus-Niki-Segnit/dp/0747599777it's one of my favourites Scott, have enjoyed booth reading it and the fabulous recipes it contains.

Last night - my version of fish, chips and mushy peas .... or in my case barramundi, air fried chips and chickpea and lentil salad. Had other salads on the side but forgot to take a pic !3344eecd962bd56c934b867d6c148159_zps36c6

Pippa I would be more than happy for that to be served up to me in a restaurant... Looks fabulous!

• Like 1

Pop some of your fab cooking/baking on here too, I've seen your yummy creations xx

I really need to start posting more!

We're moving, so we've been spending every night packing and I keep forgetting to take pictures of our food. 

• Like 2

Looks good!!!Air fried?? like convection oven??

I use an actifryer - which is an appliance that you only need one spoon of oil and you get pretty much perfect chips and other fried food without deep frying .... Love it :-)

Last night I used the marinade from Sharon's Vietnamese chicken - stir fired the chicken and served it with salads - awesome recipe Sharon :-)

a006d11e47486edda35c97d2aea6fdc3_zpsffe5

• Like 2

What's in it?

The Chili is for dinner tonight and there is enough to share and  I may freeze some too.

1 1/4 pound of ground turkey

onions

green and red peppers

1 Serrano pepper

1 can kidney beans

1 can black beans

2 cans diced tomatoes

1 cup ham stock

1 cup tomato juice

1/4 pound smoked turkey kielbasa (chopped fine for flavor)

fresh garlic

chili powder

cayenne powder

paprika

oregano

cummin

tumeric

salt and pepper

I think that is everything.. I am going to to serve over rice with some cheddar sprinkled on top tonight. 

I am also going to make some plantain tortilla chips, and quacamole tomorrow or wednesday so I can make a nacho platter.....

• Like 1

Pippa glad you enjoyed the chicken recipe, I am going to try it with king prawns and prawns too.

I also have an actifry and use mine nearly everyday... Have you seen some fab recipes on this link Pippa? http://www.afrecipes.net

Sharon that site is awesome .... Never knew you could cook batters in the acti fryer without the paddle ! Might have to start stalking ya via pm to get more details !!! :-)

Last night - just a stir fry

015e11f526f205e8d02057cada60b938_zps0b6d

Tonight is chicken surprise ... As in sent Gil to the gourmet butcher for cheat chicken filo and he forgot to check what was in what he bought !! Should be interesting :-)

• Like 2

Of course I forgot to take a picture, but last night, I made some really good chicken soup. Steve said it was very filling. We had roast chicken a few nights ago, so I decided to boil my first chicken carcass. That was an experience and it made for way better broth!

• Like 1

Pippa I'm glad that you like the actifry link, I have a recipe that I think you will really enjoy so will post it on the recipe thread. I have suggested a food forum (fingers crossed) as I have quite a few hints and tips on using the Actifry. If not though I'll add them to the recipe thread. Stalk me anytime Pippa ;)

Tonight I made us cottage pie. I always add a squirt of tomato ketchup, a splash of Worcester sauce and a 1/2 tsp of Marmite to my mix...saw it on TV and it really does give the dish body. Hope my picture doesn't end up upside down ;)

2l933b5.jpg

• Like 2