What's For Dinner: Part 2

Leanna

Last night was london broil, with salad and potato.  Tonight I roasted an extra large chicken with carrots and potatoes.  Going to make chicken soup sometime later this week with the carcass.

I had to check out London Broil Colleen... Yummy! Love very rare cooked meat. Do you add French Mustard? My mouth is watering.

Tonight we had pork fillets, cooked in the crockpot with a can of cherry coke added. Once ready I just pulled apart, added to bbq sauce and chucked into the actifry to seal in the bbq sauce. Popped on brioche buns.. Baked spud and sweet corn. Job done, plates empty.

• Like 2

I had to check out London Broil Colleen... Yummy! Love very rare cooked meat. Do you add French Mustard? My mouth is watering.

Tonight we had pork fillets, cooked in the crockpot with a can of cherry coke added. Once ready I just pulled apart, added to bbq sauce and chucked into the actifry to seal in the bbq sauce. Popped on brioche buns.. Baked spud and sweet corn. Job done, plates empty.

It was actually pre-marinated in Teriyaki.  I like my steak medium rare.  I have a recipe for a pork tenderloin with a mustard cream sauce that is amazing. 

• Like 1

I am way behind... I am having trouble uploading pictures this week!

( :wacko:  I heard that sigh of relief ... lol )

so I will add a pic later.... but I had london broil  last night too.  I marinade mine in a mix of a little oil, steak sauce, balsamic, onion powder, garlic powder, ground mustard, Pepper and salt.

I serve it with sauteed onion and mushrooms on the side. The Broccoli is fresh, just lightly seasoned and steamed. For a change I also made a few cheddar and geen onion twice baked potatoes served with sour cream, 

• Like 3

Unrelated to dinner, But I also made 7 cups of "Artichoke & Spinach Hummus" yesterday, ( yep, almost a half a gallon! )

I have been sharing my hummus with a few of the people at the gym... (kind of letting them sample it if they want)... Over the past few months or so, I have found a group of people that really like it.  So I have sort of started making Hummus for everyone. Out of the 7 cups, I get 6 portions... one for me of coarse, and 5 to send out.  I figure that if you are going to make a mess,,, you may as well go for as much volume as you can get. I get the fresh chick peas for free so it only costs me about $4.00 dollars to make a large batch like this once you add up the other ingredients. However... it costs more for the container that I put it in than it does the hummus that I put in it.

So... Whats my point???  There are two of them.....

First.....

Is is OK for me to say chip in for the cost of the containers??  I know that people could return them to me but to be honest they are just those plastic ones that you use two or three times and then throw away. They cost a little over a $1.00 each, and  I would just assume use new ones all the time.

OR...

do I just say that it is 2.00 per container which would make me break about even with all the expenses? I didnt really want to charge at all, and I feel cheap asking but at this point it is going to get out of hand because I am gaining another participant everytime I do a batch.

Second....

I currently do  a few different varieties of hummus, they include...

Pesto Hummus

Caramelized Onion Hummus (made with at least 5 different types of onions )

Spinach & Artichoke Hummus

Pumkin Hummus  ( really good served with my home made graham crackers )

Tomato Basil Hummus

I have been considering doing a Horseradish & Blue Cheese Hummus and also  a Cheddar & Green Onion Hummus...

Not sure about those two, but I could introduce some bacon grease into the cheddar and green onion and I think it has a shot of being really good.

what do you think??

I need some suggestions from those of you that eat hummus.  What flavors are your favorite??? And what flavors do you think would be good to try??

• Like 2

Colleen, yes please to the pork and mustard recipe... Lee and I would enjoy that.

Teriyaki sounds a fabulous flavour to use... Yum! Might pick up some steaks next shop, if they are on offer. So damm expensive now, Especially for four people.

I made a tasty Vietnamese chicken with noodles tonight. I love this recipe as it so very easy yet bursting with flavour

2a8p891.jpg

• Like 5

Colleen, yes please to the pork and mustard recipe... Lee and I would enjoy that.

Teriyaki sounds a fabulous flavour to use... Yum! Might pick up some steaks next shop, if they are on offer. So damm expensive now, Especially for four people.

I made a tasty Vietnamese chicken with noodles tonight. I love this recipe as it so very easy yet bursting with flavour

2a8p891.jpg

Oh MY that looks amazing! 

I am going to have to avoid his thread all together soon.  :blink:

• Like 1

2a8p891.jpg

I've never had Vietnamese food, but that looks yummy!

• Like 1

Last night was just salad and pasta, angel hair.  This morning I made a chicken broth from Tuesdays chicken carcass and then made soup.  Chicken, carrots, celery, onion and noodles.  Tried yolk free noodles this time and they didn't taste any different.  

20141118_180846_zpsa487cf0e.jpg

• Like 5

It took me all that time to get the photo bucket to reset and accept my pictures...   :angry:

and after all that what a let down that this is the only picture I have to share...

It is Last nights  London Broil Dinner as previously described... lol

20150113_190847.jpg

Recap: I marinade mine in a mix of a little olive oil, steak sauce, balsamic, onion powder, garlic powder, ground mustard, Pepper and salt.

I serve it with sauteed onion and mushrooms on the side. The Broccoli is fresh, just lightly seasoned and steamed. For a change I also made a few cheddar and geen onion twice baked potatoes served with sour cream,

• Like 5

Scott, I like garlic hummus or a spicy hummus, something with a kick.

I just tried to recreate the salmon and greek yogurt salad I ate on the cruise alot but I was not successful .

Haha... I tried to do a gluten free pizza crust 2 days ago, and although edible, I labeled it unsuccessful too!

I have fresh garlic in all of them...except, Roasted garlic is the main ingredient in my pumpkin hummus, it is not sweet.

I like spicy... What kind of spicy are we talking about that has a kick???

I am on my own here because I cant eat the store bought Hummus to sample them... I see a roasted pepper every once in a while... has anyone tried this??

I am not really a big fan of salmon, but I do make salmon cakes a couple times a year that are really good, I also use it to stuff mushrooms for an appetizer.

I am wondering what went wrong beacon?? the recipe seems pretty straight forward why was it not so good when you made it?

jmho... when using greek yogurt (especially in salads like this) the only one I will use is cabbotts plain greek yogurt. It is very tasty and has a much lower water content... not always so easy to find but if you can get it... try it. I use it as substitute for sour cream too!

It took me all that time to get the photo bucket to reset and accept my pictures...   :angry:

and after all that what a let down that this is the only picture I have to share...

It is Last nights  London Broil Dinner as previously described... lol

20150113_190847.jpg

Recap: I marinade mine in a mix of a little olive oil, steak sauce, balsamic, onion powder, garlic powder, ground mustard, Pepper and salt.

Scott, I'm so glad you got your Photobucket fixed-- I was missing your photos. You London broil and twice baked potatoes looks wonderful. Why do I never think of making twice-baked?? I think I'll put them on the menu this week.