Coronaton St & Eastenders

Soozie

I have recently found a way to watch UK and American TV here in OZ. I have always been hooked on Coro and EE so being able to watch them live if I wish (but usually I'm asleep when they are being aired)  so I watch them the next morning whilst having my breakfast, loving it ... I even get to watch the news at ten if I get up early enough hahaha ... you can take the pome out of England but you can't take England out of the pome !!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Soozie. This is very serious news.

I am not sure that this is the right forum for the type of support that you obviously need.

I have no medical training but, I'm going to give it my best shot.

Firstly, you need to face up to your problem...so repeat after me.

"My name is Soozie. I am addicted to dreadful soap operas. I need help"

Please practice this 10 times each morning in the mirror...I will see if I can a professional here for the next stage....

• Like 2

oh no she just didnt - oh good gawd she did

you can take the pome out of England but you can't take England out of the pome !!!!!!!!!!!

I like this bit but the rest I have erased from my memory - 10,000 volts should do it for me ahhh yes thats better now what did soozie say this morning - you can take the pome out of England but you can't take England out of the pome !!!!!!!!!!!  ahh yes just that  :D  :lol:  :wub: 

• Like 2

I know, it's awful, but I just have to do it, I just can't help myself ...

a few years ago we had foxtel and were paying over a $100 a month for it, the only thing I was watching was my soaps and they were months behind the UK ... I thought OK this is silly, I'm just going to get rid of foxtel and never watch my soaps again ... I've been here for 26 years in September it's time to say goodbye ... well I managed it for a few months, and then found myself going online and reading the 'catch ups' then I found a way to watch them on youtube, so within a couple of weeks I'd had a complete relapse couldn't live without it ... and then, something changed and I couldn't find them on youtube anymore ...  I was a mess, but then I discovered a company that sells you an IPN number so I can pick up the iplayers ... 

I got diamond earrings for Christmas last year from hubby and around about the same time he sorted out my UK TV ($8 a month), I was so excited I remember saying to him this is the best present I've ever had in my whole life ...  true story ... don't suppose I'll get much next Christmas lol 

• Like 3

christmas present this year = TV guide lol

I think there is a quit site for Soaps ;) 

I used to watch them but then I didnt have time and kept missing loads and was one of those annoying people who talked all the way through an episode to find out what had been going on

I quit them cold turkey about 15 years ago  ;) my mum is obsessed and if she comes to stay she has to have them on  :rolleyes: but after the second day I feel myself being drawn back in so deep breaths, lots of water and off for a walk until the crave passes  :D

But I do know exactly how you feel xx

christmas present this year = TV guide lol

I think there is a quit site for Soaps ;)

I used to watch them but then I didnt have time and kept missing loads and was one of those annoying people who talked all the way through an episode to find out what had been going on

I quit them cold turkey about 15 years ago  ;) my mum is obsessed and if she comes to stay she has to have them on  :rolleyes: but after the second day I feel myself being drawn back in so deep breaths, lots of water and off for a walk until the crave passes  :D

But I do know exactly how you feel xx

I don't need a tv guide they're on the iplayers !!!!!!!... it's the best ever, I can even watch them on my phone when I'm out and about ... your Mum can come here and watch them, I fully understand where she's at ... Tracey, if you're truly committed you find the time ... hubby and I go away quite a lot, sometimes I get home and have up to 4 weeks to catch up on ... I wait for hubby to go back to work and I'm onto it ... it's like a full time job. One of my friends in the UK suggested I start watching Emerdale, sadly I had to decline, I just don't have enough hours in the day ... yup I'm an addict  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Oh I love Corrie....always have, always will.

You can't beat a bit of Steve Mcdonald, Norris and his mate Mary....cracks me up!

I can take or leave Eastenders now, used to love it but haven't watched it for years. Mind you I do read up on it in the TV guides.

I enjoy Corrie as being originally from Bolton it reminds me of home, lets me check back in with Northern life...love it.

Soozie do you get/or watch TOWIE? (The Only Way Is Essex)

I luvvvv corry....I love Roy......and his shopping bag....

East Enders.....is ok......bit miserable......

It's just shows you I'm old....I remember the first episode of corry.....l.o.l

Oh yes Roy....awww when Haley died, when they danced at the Tower ballroom...tut, awww...so so beautiful.

Have you been to the Coronation Street Tour Doreen? I did, many years ago, was exciting walk7ng down the cobbles.

I'm like you I find no real laughs in Eastenders now, once Mike Ried (Frank Butcher) left it didn't make me laugh as much really.

Oh I love Corrie....always have, always will.

You can't beat a bit of Steve Mcdonald, Norris and his mate Mary....cracks me up!

I can take or leave Eastenders now, used to love it but haven't watched it for years. Mind you I do read up on it in the TV guides.

I enjoy Corrie as being originally from Bolton it reminds me of home, lets me check back in with Northern life...love it.

Soozie do you get/or watch TOWIE? (The Only Way Is Essex)

Hi Shazza, I've watched a couple of episodes, but couldn't really get into it ... maybe I should give it another go ?

• Like 1