found something that took my mind off smoking...

whackamole

it just involved smashing into a concrete tree planter on my bike. no hospital, just a very bloody elbow and a very bruised leg.

though effective, it's not a method i'd recommend.

OUCH!! what i want right now is codeine, not nicotine.

• Like 3

Oh, guys, thanks and (((()))'s. I'm okay. My bike's okay. Was more of a glance off than a true smack. Slid across the road a bit but didn't get run over. My own damn fault for drinking and riding!

Ouch!!  Was there any audience?

So, my husband went out running one day (a few years ago).  When he got home, blood was running down his leg.  He had huge scratches and road rash all down the right side of his body - shoulder, elbow, thigh, knee, etc.  I was like, "Oh, my God!  What happened?" 

He said, "I tripped." 

I was like, "Are you okay???? :0!  Did anyone see you???" 

Another prime example of my super compassionate-ness!  LOL!  :)

• Like 5

it just involved smashing into a concrete tree planter on my bike. no hospital, just a very bloody elbow and a very bruised leg.

though effective, it's not a method i'd recommend.

OUCH!! what i want right now is codeine, not nicotine.

Yep I´ve done the same and it true works. I would recommend it only as last resort, always considering first that cravings do not hurt, but cuts do, and that bruises last longer than cravings... and look terrible.

Two lovely young men who packed me back up and saw me on my way.

Next time I try it I will make sure there are young men around... :P

My own damn fault for drinking and riding!

Funny that I´ve never had any problems riding back from the beach club or the bars... it is when I go up in the mountains stone-cold sober. Maybe my drunken mind is more cautious than my sober mind, who knows ;)

I´m glad it was just a nasty shock and a few bruises. Please look after yourself, wear a helmet, and don´t drink-ride.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((Whackamole))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Like 2

Oh, guys, thanks and (((()))'s. I'm okay. My bike's okay. Was more of a glance off than a true smack. Slid across the road a bit but didn't get run over. My own damn fault for drinking and riding!

OH! lol I missed this.  You were drinking whilst riding the bike.  Don't drink and peddle!  QADB!!!!! (Quitters Against Drunk Biking)

• Like 3