Why the wait

bakon

Somebody here, in need of a spanking, is possibly waiting to quit. Not being able to think of a good reason to wait to start a quit......

How about listing some of the lame excuses you have used to avoid quiting

Like "I just bought a carton. I will quit when they are gone"

Or

I have a party Friday.

• Like 6

When Mrs. Sarge is ready to quit with, so we can do it together.

HINT: She never was and still isn't ready yet near 3 years later.

Don't wait on anyone else -- you might just be waiting forever if you do.

Easy Peaey

• Like 5

"I am so stressed, I can't possibly quit now!"

Pfft.

All excuses. 

Smoking does nothing people... absolutely nothing. I was a stressball when I was a smoker and I still am!

Smoking cannot be justified. 

• Like 4

I deserve my "little" reward because I've just changed all the beds, cleaned the oven, put the kids to bed etc

I don't get out, I don't buy new clothes anymore, ALL I do is smoke!!!

• Like 2

The saddest time is when you know you are quitting. You don´t want to smoke any more. You just want to quit, but still you procrastinate... this is my last one, no... "this one" is the last... OK, I may as well finish this pack... hang on, it is Friday, I´ll quit on Monday... then you quit on Monday and by Tuesday the cravings are bad so you re-consider.... OK, a one-day quit is nothing. It wasn´t even a "proper" quit. I wasn´t ready yesterday, but I´m ready now, I´ll quit "properly" after this one... no, "this" is my last one... OK I may as well finish this pack... hang on, it is Tuesday, I´ll quit at the weekend.

That above is sheer torture.

The only way out of that torture is to break the loop and go "NOW. I´m not smoking any more and that is that. Tough. THIS is it." And change the chip.

And then you realise that the fear of quitting is actually more haunting than the quit itself. And that you have wasted precious days or weeks just procrastinating and wasting your time, your money and your life. 

I remember once I was on a bus. I couldn´t wait to reach my destination to have a cigarette, but the traffic was horrendous. I was craving like mad. Even considered getting off the bus in the middle of nowhere, have a cigarette and wait an hour for the following bus. I was looking at my watch, desperate counting the minutes. half an hour came and went and I was shaking, hiperventilating, sweating, really craving bad.... Well, THAT craving was much much much worse than any craving I may have had since I quit. When you KNOW you are about to smoke your addicted mind goes berserk, in anticipation and frustration for the wait, which makes cravings awful. Once you quit you KNOW that you are not smoking any time soon, so your smoking mind may get frustrated and annoyed, but never with the same intensity.

That´s my experience at least :ok:

• Like 4

I only waited due to fear, fear of past attempts being so extremely unpleasant.

Head down and crack on, if in he'll keep walking I say- you will reach the other side.

If past attempts have not been extremely unpleasant and no more than a little crave here and there then what the hell are you waiting for? Christmas? Head down and crack on.