Back In Hospital

sharonsiff

Thank you so much guys, honestly.

I honestly can't believe it, he looked fine on Saturday.

Will let you know when I know.

Thanks again guys, I keep the old 'don't worry guys' face on in front of the family but as you can imagine, feel sick with worry.

Gonna switch off and keep myself busy while I wait for news xx

Just rang Barb, good news!

No bleeding on the brain so Del has not had a stroke. They are of the thinking that the fluids and strong medication he has had have caused this. Barb agrees as his family doctor never gives him strong antibiotics due to it knocking his kidneys out. So...good news on that score.

He has been given medication to flush out the fluid retentation and take the swelling down. The camera on the lungs has been cancelled today while they concentrate on sorting this current issue out.

He's in good hands, so that's something at least.

We obviously all feel relieved and less stressy now.

• Like 4

Awh that's great news hun, delighted for Del, at least that's a bit of a weight lifted off your shoulders.

Wishing him a speedy recovery the poor oul fella xxx

Thank you Sue.

Hopefully today is a great day, a day where the retained fluid starts to leave his body.

• Like 1

Retained fluid is uncomfortable enough as it is so hopefully they can get that gone and find what the actual problem is. Pleased it's not a stroke and that's ruled out, weight off the mind I'm sure. ((sharon)), keeping you in my thoughts my friend, being strong is the toughest job. xx

• Like 1

Thanks guys, he is a fighter- that's for sure!

Good news today is that he is stable. The swelling has stopped and it's just a case of a waiting game for the fluid to leave. His heart is being constantly checked so they are covering all bases. I honestly can sleep at night knowing he really is in good hands.

Barb sounded more peaceful when we spoke last night (we don't live near any family) and I could tell from her voice that Del had an ok day.

Slept very soundly last night.

Thanks again guys, it really does help having somewhere to get it off my chest, and your support for Del Boy is just amazing!

• Like 3

I have fabulous news!

Yesterday Del was fit enough to walk Barb to the end of the ward and kiss her goodbye,just brilliant.

The doctors are happy with his progress and have promised to get to the bottom of what keeps knocking his body 'out of whack'

I feel light as a feather now the worry has gone so am going to get in my garage and crack on with my painting furniture hobby.

Thank you ever so much everyone for all your support and well wishes, it has made me feel better to be able to voice my feelings and fears, to get them off my chest.

Off to enjoy myself and get my paint brushes out.....

• Like 7

Sooo happy to hear this, make sure and have yourself a nice relaxing weekend with lots of alcohol and yummy food because you my friend deserve it soo much xxxx

I wonder is any if his tablets he's on causing it.

• Like 1

He's home!

OMG, he is home and it is brilliant!

It seems the tablets treating the pneumonia knocked him out, as Barb had thought. So, it seems that as a day patient he will be having appointments to fully investigate his kidneys- that is where the trouble lies, so they think.

So made up that he's home as you can imagine.

Just thought it good manners to pop on and tell you...oh, and since we last spoke I did that flipping ice bucket challenge...lol

• Like 3

Guys...he got rushed back in hospital Monday night. It has been an horrific few days!

Phone went at 1:30am last night, he was in a bad way and had , had 3 siezures.

Seemingly, for the last 6 weeks Del has had blood poisoning (ecoli in his blood stream) hence the heart issues, the pneumonia, the black bruises from the low white blood cells. It is a wonder it didn't kill him to be honest!

Have just got home and he is stable, heavily sedated but stable. He has had an injection to sort his heart out again and is obviously now on a drip with the medication going through that will hopefully kill the poison. Already I could see his colour coming back in his cheeks.

So...hopefully now he will actually get better as they know what they are treating, finally!

Just wanted to fill you all in as you have been so lovely and supportive. Will get back on here properly once I am of calm mind that he is 100% in the clear.

Take care, keep well and cherish your good health xx