Back In Hospital

sharonsiff

Can't believe it to be honest guys.

Lee's dad, Del, was due the all clear (fingers crossed) tomorrow from the cancer.

Has been admitted back into hospital. Last night he was shivering, couldn't breath (been a none smoker for over 50 years) so Barb phoned an ambulance. He has pneumonia, not in great shape and very weak.

He obviously is in the right place and a fighter so I am optimistic that he will make a full recovery- he has fought cancer 3 times in his past like a true Braveheart.

Keep your fingers crossed and hopefully it might have been this that has been there for the last 5 months, what has dragged him down and caused his white blood cells to plummet? I'm hoping so.

Again please keep your fingers crossed for Del Boy.

• Like 3

Sharon, sorry to see this post!  Hopefully all will be cleared up and he'll be good to go!  I know my sister had pneumonia years ago and had a very difficult time getting it cleared up.  I swear it seemed like she battled it for almost a year.  She had quit smoking many years before that as well.  But, she did finally get it out of her system and she's fine now.  Praying the same happens for your family.

• Like 1

I'm sorry. :(

Thanks Petra

The good news is Barb turned up today and he is sitting up talking, huge progress!

He is having a camera down his lungs next week so they can see what's going on. So will be in at least another week which at least means he is in good hands. His heart is under constant monitoring too. Still no definite answer of why the white blood cells dropped to 2 though. Hopefully, this week, it will all come together to see what's going on.

Del is like the cat with 9 lives, thank goodness.

Been given the ok tomorrow to visit him.

• Like 1

Aww this is good news.....

Glad to hear he is feeling better....

I send him my best wishes.....

Hugs xx

Thank you Doreen, will do he will smile at that.

Doreen you might be able to help in a way?

Was it you that mentioned your Tony had asbestos on his lung, or have I got Tony mixed up with someone else?

I only ask as they found that on his lung, about six weeks ago ( he fell through his garage roof over 40/50 years ago) they did find it but said it was nothing to be concerned about at the moment. I only ask as Lee and I where just talking and said he wondered if any of this was due to that?

Del looked great and I passed on your best wishes to him.

The doctor has told him that the bone marrow was 100% cancer free! Tears of joy as you can imagine!

Obviously something is very much out of whack so Wednesday investigations take place, so that's good that they are going to get to the bottom of what keeps making him very ill.

Things will finally get sorted for Del :)

• Like 1

Thank you Doreen, will do he will smile at that.

Doreen you might be able to help in a way?

Was it you that mentioned your Tony had asbestos on his lung, or have I got Tony mixed up with someone else?

I only ask as they found that on his lung, about six weeks ago ( he fell through his garage roof over 40/50 years ago) they did find it but said it was nothing to be concerned about at the moment. I only ask as Lee and I where just talking and said he wondered if any of this was due to that?

Hi Sharon sweetheart,

I have sent you a p m to explain a few things.....I hope it helps you at this time...

Please feel free to ask anything ,that may concern you,I will try and help

Hugs xxxx

• Like 1

Just had seriously crap news for Del.

The strong antibiotics given, to help kill the pneumonia has set his kidneys off. He has had problems with his kidneys since his last lot of chemo, over ten years ago. So the kidneys are faulting, retaining water and has swelled up like a balloon. Barb noticed that hiss peach is extremely slurred, told the nurse- she got the doctor. Waiting on results, as we speak to rule out that he has not had a mini stroke.

I am just in shock that someone can have so much bad luck, furious for him and just gutted.

Sorry that I keep letting off steam here, I know everyone has their own worries.

Just need to vent or I'll start crying and am scared I won't stop.