burnt offerings dang it lol

Tink

Sure thing...I mean...the burnt bits are to replicate the soil that the shepherds get in their welly boots while tending the flock.

I mean, everybody knows that!

what about the burnt elbows? lol!

• Like 4

Oops making a shepherds pie for dinner rez first taste of UK comfort food

got engrossed in the train now have to pretend the burnt bits and two burnt elbows are traditional!

Back me up UK ers lol

You mean there isn't suppose to be burnt bits.....
  • Like 5

Friction burn Nancy, shepherds often fall over and graze their elbows against the stone countryside walls, they have a support forum for it I've heard ;)

rofl...lost of trouble for a recipe!   :lol2: 

• Like 4

Im going to tell him I have sore elbows from scrubbing the floors all day he will never ever know I was on the computer in the sun all day and burnt his dinner and my elbows in that big ole american oven trying to rescue his dinner :)

Until he signs on of course :)

But sharon your story is more out there so im going to go with that lmao

• Like 5

Of course, tis flavouring ;)  Can you get bovril over there, it's lush with a teaspoon of that in :) x

Oh yes, and a squeeze of ketchup and a dash of Worcester sauce! I mean, it ain't a proper shepherds pie in my gaff without those, just minced beef in gravy. Or shepherds welly dirt in muddy water...or course Rex ;)

• Like 4

Im going to tell him I have sore elbows from scrubbing the floors all day he will never ever know I was on the computer in the sun all day and burnt his dinner and my elbows in that big ole american oven trying to rescue his dinner :)

Until he signs on of course :)

But sharon your story is more out there so im going to go with that lmao

My experience is a hungry man, after a days work, will believe anything you tell him ;)

• Like 2

Of course, tis flavouring ;)  Can you get bovril over there, it's lush with a teaspoon of that in :) x

I have not seen bisto, bovril or oxo here yet I put some A1 sauce in it its between a worcester and brown sauce by taste, not too bad but aint gonna win no beauty contest lol im going to take a picture of it as evidence oh I also used a sweet potato mixed in with the mash oh and lumpy mash as I dont have a masher yet

think I will just file under disaster lol

• Like 1

I have not seen bisto, bovril or oxo here yet I put some A1 sauce in it its between a worcester and brown sauce by taste, not too bad but aint gonna win no beauty contest lol im going to take a picture of it as evidence oh I also used a sweet potato mixed in with the mash oh and lumpy mash as I dont have a masher yet

Oh my, doesn't that sound appetizing?  Wish I were there! :crazy: 

• Like 2

oh wow. Big up for attempting then!

• Like 1

Yes Tracey, just like my mum makes it ;)

Never had it with A1 steak sauce though, lol... I am looking forward to the pictures.

Head up girl, it could be worse - you could have burnt the house down. That would have been.. Embarrassing, lol

• Like 2

im going to take pictures of rez while he eats it lmao

in my favour is he has not had it before so does not know what its supposed to look or taste like - yep im hanging on to that one :)

I looked up a few recipes, that isn't something that I would eat anyway because I don't like ground meat (unless I grind it myself which is too much work so ...) That doesn't look too bad, just a couple of corners are burnt. 

• Like 1