chugga chugga

Thank you everyone. Your support means A LOT!  I'm probably going to be a weekend warrior as I start back to work tomorrow. I'm a little worried about my first day without the "wake-up coffee and cigarette" routine. Which is stupid as I haven't done it for the past several weeks. But I've also been "sleeping in" until I felt ready to face the day. Can't do that now. Skip the coffee is my plan. Get some on the way to work, instead. Like a gallon or two as I haven't had to get up at 5 a.m. since June! AUGH!

• Like 2

You will be fine Abigail - sometimes it really is the anticipation of doing something that is worse than actually doing it. You will probably be so busy with with tomorrow, that you won't even have time to think about smoking. And coffee tastes 1000 x better when your taste buds are smoke free ;)

• Like 1

Abigail, I get the "coffee and cigarette" thing in the morning to get you moving.  I was exactly that.  I have a routine in the morning, and its been going on for quite a few years now.  I get up, start the coffee, feed the dogs, check my blood sugar, take my insulin, make my cup of coffee and watch the morning news to see the traffic report.  When the dogs are done eating, I grab my cigarettes and take them outside.  Now I don't need to go outside because our yard is fenced in, but I go outside to have a smoke.  When the dogs are done and I'm done, back in and upstairs to begin getting ready for work.  Well, that routine ended 3 months ago.  I still have my coffee (mostly decaf now because I didn't know that caffeine has a much stronger effect when no nicotine), still feed the dogs and do the other stuff, but when I let them out, I stay inside now.  I will go brush my teeth and get ready for my shower.  When I let the dogs back in, I just start getting ready.  No more grabbing the smokes.  And you know what?  It's okay.  I adjusted.  The first couple days were hard, but I feel like that was a lifetime ago.  It is all just a matter of behavior modification.  

My only problem that I have now is that when I am at work, I used to go outside about once every hour to have a cigarette.  Now I do not go outside, but I realize that I've been sitting at my desk for much longer time periods, so when I do get up, I'm all stiff and stuff.  I really need to make a conscious effort to gete up and move around!

Stick around.  We are all here to help each other.  I can tell you will fit in just fine!  Woof!  Sorry, I'm a dog person.  But, I like kitty cats too.

• Like 2