My Stupid Junkie Brain

Tink

Tracey

As bad as this was for you this post comforts me. It comforts me because I am 7 freakin months quit and there are times that I am ready to get in the car and drive the three miles like I am still in hell week. I often ask myself what the hell is wrong with me and why everyone seems to have these solid quits and I am still fighting with mine this far into it. The thoughts aren't frequent but when they do come, holy crap do they come. 

I am sorry that you went through this, but I am grateful to you for posting it because as someone about a month behind you it helps to see that I am not the only one. 

• Like 6

DD, I'm glad you feel rest assured xx

Bummer when it happens months into a quit but many have reported it to have happened. You're as solid as a rock, can feel it in my bones. Does make you think what is going on repair wise doesn't it though, our internal chemistry I mean. Some say nicowhats his face, others say junkie thinking. I say what is happening really, the body and mind fascinate me.

• Like 3

Tracey

As bad as this was for you this post comforts me. It comforts me because I am 7 freakin months quit and there are times that I am ready to get in the car and drive the three miles like I am still in hell week. I often ask myself what the hell is wrong with me and why everyone seems to have these solid quits and I am still fighting with mine this far into it. The thoughts aren't frequent but when they do come, holy crap do they come. 

I am sorry that you went through this, but I am grateful to you for posting it because as someone about a month behind you it helps to see that I am not the only one.

you keep holding on DD I trust these people when they say it gets better we just got to hold on hun we have to go with the flow xx

• Like 2

Oh trust me I have my claws in. I tackle the thoughts and go over everything that I have done because of the quit. By the time I get through the list I am better. It is just that this even happens that bothers me. I expected it from zero-2 months but 7+ months in... Just knowing that this is "normal" makes it better. 

• Like 7

Oh trust me I have my claws in. I tackle the thoughts and go over everything that I have done because of the quit. By the time I get through the list I am better. It is just that this even happens that bothers me. I expected it from zero-2 months but 7+ months in... Just knowing that this is "normal" makes it better. 

You want to be able to out-run the smokers, don't forget!!

• Like 3

indeed dd I understand completely its a roller coaster we take the highs with the lows you are doing just fab xxx

• Like 1

happy to see you do'n better sweetie {{hugs}}. :D

action, on 19 Aug 2014 - 09:35 AM, said:

snapback.png

REZ does know that you are going to bring all the animals back to his house, right?!

.... as for Rez let'n you keep the pets yer gonna bring home...I say,start out by bring'n small ones first - that you hide easily :laugh2:

• Like 3

Tracey, i guess it is not unusual to feel stress in your new surroundings and for this to trigger. All change is stressful, even wonderful change. I remember when you first quit and I think you were caring for another so you could not get out of the house when the cravings came. I think we discussed good meditation videos and you came through to the other side.

DD, there were times at six and seven months when I bargained with myself alot, telling myself lies that I could be a social smoker.

We are strong women. We are stronger than an evil product. We have worked hard jobs, raised a family, dealt with tragedies, celebrated joys. We have an endless supply of strength.

• Like 3