G-Money

I haven't looked for a long time, but I've saved roughly $1925 since quit smoking.

Hb quit on same day and smoked more than me (and he ironically 'loved' smoking a lot less than I thought I 'loved' smoking. That's why I do not rec the cutting down method, makes every cig seem precious because of the severe withdrawal.)

So who knows what we have saved combined. I probably spent most of it on my PRK surgery and this blasted Boston Terrier, Solange.

What have you saved / got instead?

• Like 9

We bought two cars and we are going to sell our tiny house and buy a new one, there is no way we could do that if was smoking because we are able to save now, whereas before I was spending soo much, I'd buy a pack of 20 cigs everyday and I'd always buy more then needed, I could never just buy the cigs so I was paying €9.50 for a pack and then another few euro on crap so I was spending/wasting, easily €500 a month, mad money..

• Like 7

Between Chris and I we've saved about £3000.  It's gone towards a shedloadof treats, days out (theme parks, kids days, london trip, dinner once a week etc) and towards the florida holiday in October!! Can't wait.

Totally like Sue, spent extra alongside cigs as well so real costs are bigger. x

• Like 5

I haven't looked for a long time, but I've saved roughly $1925 since quit smoking.

Hb quit on same day and smoked more than me (and he ironically 'loved' smoking a lot less than I thought I 'loved' smoking. That's why I do not rec the cutting down method, makes every cig seem precious because of the severe withdrawal.)

So who knows what we have saved combined. I probably spent most of it on my PRK surgery and this blasted Boston Terrier, Solange.

What have you saved / got instead?

awww ava.... a little Boston terrier......I adore them.....lucky you.....xx
  • Like 3

I had to go to the Florida quit site to see how much I have saved. I first joined there before I found The Other Place. I have saved $1735. More importantly to me, 24 days in free time. That sounds like a great vacation to me!

• Like 4

I have saved $3447.08 in almost two years quit.

With that money, I've bought a lot of nail polish and shoes.

Also put money towards our apartment.

I bought a new laptop and K-Cup machine.

It's been nice having money to buy myself what I want.

• Like 3

I had my smoking money in a jar in the Welsh cabinet... it did start to build up... it was a sight (I should have taken a pic :fool: )

but then I stopped putting money in the jar and started taking the money from the jar instead...

I´ve finally been to the actual bank today.. the real "Bank"... :P

I´ve been living off the jar for like two weeks :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

• Like 3

Was talking with Tasha about this only yesterday. I haven't 'saved' any money - I've spent it all. But I've spent it all on things that I either wouldn't have been able to buy, or I would have bought a cheaper alternative that I didn't really want.

To celebrate 10 months I bought myself a great new hoodie. Was quite pricey for a hoodie (£60), but it's just a few weeks worth of 'smoking money'. In the old days I would have got a cheapie one that would have fallen apart in a few months.

Other than that, my life is just nicer now I've always got some cash in my pocket, just in case I feel like buying something for me or Tasha.

I haven't spent about £1300 on cigarettes (it sounds crazy when I type it!!)

• Like 3

Was talking with Tasha about this only yesterday. I haven't 'saved' any money - I've spent it all. But I've spent it all on things that I either wouldn't have been able to buy, or I would have bought a cheaper alternative that I didn't really want.

To celebrate 10 months I bought myself a great new hoodie. Was quite pricey for a hoodie (£60), but it's just a few weeks worth of 'smoking money'. In the old days I would have got a cheapie one that would have fallen apart in a few months.

Other than that, my life is just nicer now I've always got some cash in my pocket, just in case I feel like buying something for me or Tasha.

I haven't spent about £1300 on cigarettes (it sounds crazy when I type it!!)

Good work, I spent more in less time and feel pretty good about it going on cornettos and the like lol

• Like 3