Question from a former member!

Ladybug

A few of you might still remember me; I have been a member here for a couple of months and left in May, because it was time to move on –and because I disagreed with some of the postings about relapse.

However, I did make a pledge to pay it forward for one year, what means in my books to help smokers and new ex-smokers on their way to freedom from Nicotine -without my presence on a board. Not trying to honor my pledge would be out of character for me, so I just had to find a way how to do it and…how could I help?

I decided to use my journal, my notes and my wicked sense of humor and started blogging. I wasn't really sure what blogging was -never tried the real thing- neither did I know how to get the word out, without participating at social media. My goal was to reach that “one reader” and to help him or her to become an ex-smoker. I tried not to think about “how” they would find me; I decided that wasn't my problem…right?

Well, they did find my blog and it seems they liked it and I might have inspired a few people to at least re-thing their relationship with “Smokey”. I know a few actually quit since I stay in contact with some of my readers and followers (only the nice or sexy ones). Although, I know for a fact, that a few signed on the ‘other’ board.

The ‘other board’ obviously doesn't like Ladybugs and people who mentioned my plain existence –or worse my blog- weren't treated nicely. I got word that they got nasty messages and have been denied celebrations of their milestones…pretty sad!

Not helping another smoker trying to cope with an addiction and fighting the demons that come with it, is just plain ignorant (not using the word stupid here, was really hard) –that’s my humbled opinion.

So, the reason why I logged in here today is, to tell ALL OF YOU, that my readers and followers will be send here as of this week.

IF…this is not wanted, then please let me know. Nobody deserves a bad treatment, just because somebody doesn't like Ladybugs or my blog.

I hope all of you are well and smoke-free!

I can obviously still log on and will check here tomorrow. Just be honest please, this is important to me!

If the staff needs to read my blog before a decision is made, let me know!

• Like 13

Good to hear from you, Lady bug! Hope you post more, and I don't know why it would ever be a bad thing to tell people who want to stop smoking to come here or any other forum that could be helpful. I tell people who express a desire to stop smoking how I did it. That is all one can do, really. Attraction rather than promotion. . .

• Like 4

Oh LB, it's good to "see" you! :) Congrats on paying it forward!

I agree with Aine. I don't see a problem with telling people to come here for support. That's what we're here for.

Sorry to hear that the other place was so nasty to your readers, but it doesn't really surprise me to be honest.

• Like 1

Bug, How strange, I was literally saying the other day I wondered how you were.

I am not surprised your writing touched people, you have a gift in that way. I am so so pleased you held your quit and continue from strength to strength.  Will we help ex smokers, HELL YEAH!!  Let's free as many as we can in whatever way we can.

Hope it's ok but are you still in touch with ksmedic?  He motivated my quit and never even knew as I read what he wrote first. Never under estimate the power of words.

xx

• Like 2

There are people who don't like ladybugs?  This cannot be true.

MQ would never allow a member here to be abused. Not ever.  For any reason.  The tone here is one of mutual respect, always, even when the topic of discussion comes with many opinions or philosophies.

• Like 5

Hi Ladybug, so good to "see you", miss you and your posts, and like you say if we can help one person quit and stay quit then we have helped, you will always be welcome here so send them on in, there is no nastiness here whatsoever xx

• Like 1

It looks like quittrain is PRO ladybug :)

Your blog is really excellent, and you are an inspiration to so many. If you decide to send people here, we will help them in any way possible.

Big hugs :)

You sound very important to have "followers".

I tried following someone once. Followed them for days. Until I got arrested for stalking.

That kinda hurt my feelings. So I quit following em.

Anyways, welcome to the quit train !!! I think you will like it here.

• Like 7

You sound very important to have "followers".

I tried following someone once. Followed them for days. Until I got arrested for stalking.

That kinda hurt my feelings. So I quit following em.

Anyways, welcome to the quit train !!! I think you will like it here.

smileyslaughing_lol_crying_100-101.gif?w

• Like 3

A few of you might still remember me; I have been a member here for a couple of months and left in May, because it was time to move on –and because I disagreed with some of the postings about relapse.

However, I did make a pledge to pay it forward for one year, what means in my books to help smokers and new ex-smokers on their way to freedom from Nicotine -without my presence on a board. Not trying to honor my pledge would be out of character for me, so I just had to find a way how to do it and…how could I help?

I decided to use my journal, my notes and my wicked sense of humor and started blogging. I wasn't really sure what blogging was -never tried the real thing- neither did I know how to get the word out, without participating at social media. My goal was to reach that “one reader” and to help him or her to become an ex-smoker. I tried not to think about “how” they would find me; I decided that wasn't my problem…right?

Well, they did find my blog and it seems they liked it and I might have inspired a few people to at least re-thing their relationship with “Smokey”. I know a few actually quit since I stay in contact with some of my readers and followers (only the nice or sexy ones). Although, I know for a fact, that a few signed on the ‘other’ board.

The ‘other board’ obviously doesn't like Ladybugs and people who mentioned my plain existence –or worse my blog- weren't treated nicely. I got word that they got nasty messages and have been denied celebrations of their milestones…pretty sad!

Not helping another smoker trying to cope with an addiction and fighting the demons that come with it, is just plain ignorant (not using the word stupid here, was really hard) –that’s my humbled opinion.

So, the reason why I logged in here today is, to tell ALL OF YOU, that my readers and followers will be send here as of this week.

IF…this is not wanted, then please let me know. Nobody deserves a bad treatment, just because somebody doesn't like Ladybugs or my blog.

I hope all of you are well and smoke-free!

I can obviously still log on and will check here tomorrow. Just be honest please, this is important to me!

If the staff needs to read my blog before a decision is made, let me know!

Nice to see you LB!

• Like 2

LB, nice to see you!  The only decision to be made is by you and when you're going to post your blog.  It doesn't need approved, read or anything else but there is one requirement, please put your LB avatar back up.  :)

We all have two common goals and they are to keep our quits and help others quit.  How we go about doing that is up to each of us.  Quit Train, although super cool, doesn't own a monopoly on knowledge and isn't here to reinvent the wheel.  Hence Joel's video library that he's been kind enough to let us all use.

Here's a cup of perfectly brewed coffee for you.  :)  Looking forward to reading your blog, LB.

• Like 5