New Here from Another "Unkind" Quit Board

NayNay

So, my name is Renee, my nickname is NayNay.  Many here on quittrain may recognize me from another quit site.  I have stopped going there because of some horrible people who like to bully others.  

I quit smoking on May 23, 2014 after almost 40 years of smoking.  I am a Type 2 diabetic, and smoking and diabetes just do not mix. I had attempted to quit smoking numerous times over the past 40 years, however this time I used an electronic cigarette to get to 0 nicotine.  Although I continue to use my e-cig for vaping, I do not use nicotine juices.  I do have a weight issue, and the vaping keeps the hand to mouth busy without using food. Besides, I'm limited on snack foods because of the diabetes.

So, enough of that.  I have not smoked an analog cigarette in almost 3 months, and have to say I'm pretty darn proud of myself.  I thought this day would never come, but here it is!  I had tried cold turkey, the patch, the gum, weening down.  None of it ever stuck.  As a matter of fact, I didn't make it much more than a day or two without giving up and going back to smoking.  I had purchased my electronic cigarette a while ago hoping to use it to quit.  It wasn't until just recently that I actually got my head wrapped around quitting that I was successful.  There are still times that I get a crave or two; especially during times of great stress or anxiety, but I get through them.  So, I am through the withdrawal from the nicotine, but still like the vaping.

I truly hope to find a more gentle, kind, supportive and encouraging group here.  I did notice there are many members here who I saw on the other site, so obviously I wasn't the only one who felt like I did.  Great to see you all here!

• Like 13

Welcome and congrats on the best decision of your life.  Sounds like you are doing awesome.

Read and Post... Read and Post... Read and Post... we are here to help.

I personally do not have an issue with the e-cig or any other NRTs... however.. let's make sure you are not on it forever.

Keep on keepin on.

• Like 1

Thanks.  Ross my friend, hello!  

Chrispy; thanks for the welcome.  I do not plan on being on the e-cig forever.  I am hoping to be off of it by year's end.  I do not use any nicotine, so realistically I'm just vaping steam; flavored steam, but steam nonetheless.  I cannot eat sweets, so I use flavors such as pina colada, or pineapple, or hazelnut as a "dessert" if you will.

I plan on keepin on for sure.  Just the thought of smoking a regular cigarette makes me nauseous!

• Like 3

Hi Renee and welcome on board the quit train, I hope you have your one way ticket grasped tightly, the buffet carriage is great, plenty of nice people to help you should you need it, looking forward to sharing your journey xx

• Like 1

Welcome Renee!  If you want to quit using the e-cig, then do what is comfortable for you.  A lot of us started out on a different board.  A support board should be supportive and I can promise you, that you'll find that here :)