Finally Out Of Hospital....

sharonsiff

Am pleased to say my FIL is finally home!

It has been a truly stressful time for Del and Barb but thankfully it seems that cancer is not back, as first suspected. Will get the final ruling out of bone or bone marrow cancer on Thursday....so please keep your fingers crossed.

All this has taught me a very important lesson, life really is too short to be stressing and fussing over crap. Enjoy your health and your ability to laugh.....I know I do and will.

• Like 9

I have just spoke to him on the phone and bless him, he is just so made up to be home.

He can't get over all the colours around him, the flowers in the garden, the colours in the rooms. He is relishing everything that we all likely take for granted...just so fabulous that he is finally home.

His white platelets dropped from 100 to 2! He was black and blue everywhere and swelled up. His lymph node, under his arm had swollen. Seemingly, and hopefully it was all due to an infection from hell that he couldn't fight himself due to previous chemo affecting his immunity to infections. He has had numerous platelet transfusions and now the level is starting to rise on its own...so it's looking good. The enlarged lymph node had a biopsy done and that type of cancer hadn't come back again, thank bloody goodness.

I am just so pleased for him, and then all the family that it is looking good. Could cry with relief really, pleased to read Mrs Bakon is ok too....ruddy cancer!

• Like 2

Thanks everyone....

I rang Del this morning, to check how he was, and told him all of you sent your good wishes.

He couldn't believe it tbh was was made up! His very words to you all were " they don't even know me yet care enough to send me good luck, have made an old boys day"

Thanks againxx

• Like 1

Thanks everyone....

I rang Del this morning, to check how he was, and told him all of you sent your good wishes.

He couldn't believe it tbh was was made up! His very words to you all were " they don't even know me yet care enough to send me good luck, have made an old boys day"

Thanks againxx

human emotions will never cease to amaze me love and kindness has no boundaries unless you put them up yourself, I personally have had heart felt tears fall down my face from peoples posts and situations 

now I have Del Boy image lol xxx

• Like 1

Tracey he will love that you called him Del Boy, it's his sisters nickname for him he loves it....even has his very own Del Boy money box that she bought him for a laugh.

Wait till I tell him he was called it on here...will make his day!...lol