Susana is celebrating her 1st month of freedom!!!

action

I am so proud of you Susana!!  1 month is amazing, and you got past the weekend you were dreading with style and class.  You are a true non-smoker, and an inspiration to all of us - you never gave up giving up.

This is the one, and I am so happy - (((Susana)))

270278,xcitefun-congratulations.gif

• Like 1

I literally just screamed out when I saw this and remembered today was your day!!  BOOM!!  1 month in the bag, absolutely stunning work off you!!  I bet you are so proud and rightly so :)

I am fully in support of the only other nutter I found to quit smoking by a moon phase haha.

So pleased for you, seriously, massive congrats! 

• Like 1

WOW!!!! :girl_crazy:

I can´t believe it!!!!! One month! Weeks 1 and 2 were awful, and then some days have been terrible since then, but suddenly it feels like the last few days have been easier. Even with the alcohol, the excitement, the stress at work...

- At work I hardly think of smoking. When I was smoking I was going out every half an hour on a bad day, now it doesn´t even cross my mind, and if my work mate goes out to smoke the smell disgusts me. I don´t know what he smokes, but it surely is the best antidote. His cigarettes stink and he smells even worse.

- I´ve never been a smoker around my driving. I only started getting my driving licence when I was quit, and every time I relapsed one of the first thing that went out of the window was the driving classes. Lack of confidence or something... side effect of smoking. So now as soon as I start thinking of driving I´m a different person. Smoking doesn´t even cross my mind.

- At home... well, sometimes I do think about it, but try and get myself busy with something. I do tend to be indoors more often, that´s true, but with this heat I´m using the aircon and congratulate myself that is is nice and cool in here... I´m losing my tan!!!! (when I smoked I was a closet smoker sitting at the bottom of the garden and throwing the butts in the corner)

- Beach, bars, restaurants, out and about.... I´m relaxed and have my wine, so I do rather well out there. If I smell cigarettes and I like the smell I have to turn my mind to something else, but it happens less and less often.

For me the biggest trigger at the moment is stress. Frustration. Exhaustion. Clients phoning on Friday nights or sending stuff on Sundays by email (or Facebook, believe it!). When i could actually lose it,  I do mentally remind myself that smoking will solve nothing and will make things worse, but I can´t wait for the day when I don´t have to make such a mental effort...

Well, guys, if I´ve made it to one month... so can you Sandy, Evelyn, Vic, Humbled... all the newer newbies... just hold on, and post SOS if you need help, but DO NOT SURRENDER!!!!!

:give_heart:  Thank you for your support!

• Like 4