So whatcha doing?

Brioski

Take good care, Bri… hope you feel better soon! Fingers crossed that it’s a passing or mild thing. 

My honey and I both got clobbered by COVID in Nov. We got a little sick, got better for a while, then got worse again. Turns out there was a strong strain in our area, bad enough to spread at the frigging grocery store (the only place we possibly could have been exposed). But we got through it and are both fine now. 

Before I quit smoking, any kind of cold invariably turned into a major sinus infection or bronchitis and lingered on and on and on. I am grateful that did not happen this time. It was a big drag to be sick, but it was not the multi-month affair that it would likely have been before. Thankful for that.

• Like 5

There's a myriad of respiratory illnesses going around this time of year and yes, Christmas gatherings are often an issue because of this. I gather you don't have a rapid test kit for Covid? They give 'em out like candy where I live. It would be good to test yourself so you know for sure. In any case, hope you get through what ever it is quicky without too much down time. Keep hydrated and get as much rest as you can 🥰

• Like 5

Thanks friends y’all r so sweet ❤️
I went to bed, woke up wildly nauseous a few times throughout the night, and this morning woke up feeling fine. Went to work (just me and hubs) and that was fine. Weird!

I didn’t have any tests so just picked one up and took it…it’ll be ready in 10 mins. Maybe I’ll wait to post this until I have the results lol. 

It’s negative! Lol

Hope you guys r having a nice Fri-yay 🤙

• Like 7

New Years day starts the countdown to......Mardi Gras, Crawfish, Jambalaya, Etouffee, Gumbo, Red beans and rice along with the Monday morning pork chop. OOP's Shrimp Po'boy, Shrimp and grits, Shrimp cornbread........ yea Forrest you get the drift. I am gonna gain fitty pound's since there won't be a need to stop eating and grab a smoke!!!

898669210_mardigras1.gif.f39316a7cced1c0fbf39cecf8d94335a.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Brioski said:

Thanks friends y’all r so sweet ❤️
I went to bed, woke up wildly nauseous a few times throughout the night, and this morning woke up feeling fine. Went to work (just me and hubs) and that was fine. Weird!

I didn’t have any tests so just picked one up and took it…it’ll be ready in 10 mins. Maybe I’ll wait to post this until I have the results lol. 

It’s negative! Lol

Hope you guys r having a nice Fri-yay 🤙

Good to hear your feeling better B Sweatheart..the chicks need you x

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stewbum said:

New Years day starts the countdown to......Mardi Gras, Crawfish, Jambalaya, Etouffee, Gumbo, Red beans and rice along with the Monday morning pork chop. OOP's Shrimp Po'boy, Shrimp and grits, Shrimp cornbread........ yea Forrest you get the drift. I am gonna gain fitty pound's since there won't be a need to stop eating and grab a smoke!!!

898669210_mardigras1.gif.f39316a7cced1c0fbf39cecf8d94335a.gif

Sounds like fun

IMG_0051.gif

• Haha 5

• 4 weeks later...

I might have Covid! Ugh!!  I woke up yesterday with a bit of a sore throat and a runny nose so I thought I was getting another cold.  Today I woke up with a low grade fever and body aches.  So I took a home test and the line was very faint so I have an appt with the Urgent Care later to find out for sure.  I avoided Covid for 4 years, and now it may have finally caught up with me!😬

• Sad 6

Hopefully it's just a mild case if they confirm it's Covid. I had a mild case about a year and a half ago and it wasn't too bad. Lost my sense of taste & smell for awhile and that was a drag just because food had zero taste.

Let us know after you find out from your trip to UC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone! I went this afternoon to the urgent care and they did a Covid and Flu test combined.  Flu was negative as was Covid, but the doc also did a PCR test since my home test had a very faint line.  I won't get those results for about 3 days.  I don't feel terrible but I don't feel great either.  I kind of feel like I have a cold.  I can still taste and smell everything.  Gee, @Reciprocity that must have been terrible not to be able to taste or smell anything.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Good that you got things checked out. Let us know what the PCR test result is. I'd be interested.

Hey; maybe it's just a cold ... you never know right?

And yes, having your ability to taste things was a complete drag. Lasted a couple of weeks and to this day I'm not sure if I got all my ability to taste back.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, QuittingGirl said:

@Reciprocity Aren't Covid and cold symtoms very similar? Or at least nowadays? I should either get the test results back on Wed or Monday.  I don't know if the lab works over the weekend.

I think you are right on the symptoms issue but I know when I had it (May 21st 2022) I just knew it was not a cold or flu. It just felt different somehow. The loss of taste & smell pretty much nailed it for me as those symptoms are pretty much unique to Covid I believe, even though not all Covid people get those symptoms.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Reciprocity said:

I think you are right on the symptoms issue but I know when I had it (May 21st 2022) I just knew it was not a cold or flu. It just felt different somehow. The loss of taste & smell pretty much nailed it for me as those symptoms are pretty much unique to Covid I believe, even though not all Covid people get those symptoms.

Well, the test came back positive so I do have it.  For 4 years I didn't get it and now it finally caught up with me!😬 But honestly, it just feels like a very bad cold and the only reason that I thought it might be is because yesterday morning I had a low grade fever so I took the home test.  If I had no fever I wouldn't have even tested or gone to the doctor.  Thankfully my taste and smell are fine for now.  Hopefully it will stay that way.  When you had Covid, how many days did it last before you started to feel better?

• Sad 2

The first time I got Covid it was mild .

I caught it again in November , this bout was much worse and lasted two weeks .

still find I get breathless much quicker now .
im hoping in time it gets better 

everyone is different QG.. hope yours is only mild x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So sorry you've got COVID @QuittingGirl. My partner and I got it for the first time this past November. We got pretty badly clobbered for about 7 days, with lingering tiredness for another week or so. We never lost our sense of smell or taste. We mostly just had body aches, headaches, sniffles and FATIGUE. The worst thing about the whole experience was the Paxlovid - it tasted like I was licking car bumpers while chewing on pocket change. Yuck. But we got through it. And so grateful to have gone through it as a non-smoker. It was annoying but not frightening or life threatening, as it would have been before. So grateful to have QUIT before catching it. 

• Like 3

Sorry QG that the crud caught up with you, but probably count the blessings that your a non smoker. I was very worried to get that crap when I was smoking along with the other issues I have. Could have been deadly.

It seems these strains for the most part have been more on the mild side in comparison to the past.  Hope you get through it quickly! 

Don't worry about the Chicks and sticks game we will be ok if you take a break... Doreen is asking for another red but anyway!

Be well.

• Haha 2