So whatcha doing?

Brioski

Came across this world population statistical conversion analysis today that I thought was interesting just because smaller numbers are much easier for most of us to understand and put into proper perspective I suppose:

Earth's Population Statistics in Perspective:

The population of Earth is around 7.8 Billion.
For most this number is difficult to understand in terms of what we're used to dealing with in any sort of statistical analysis comparison. So lets condense that 7.8 billion into just 100 people and then look at various population statistical analysis situations.

Out of 100 people:
11 live in Europe
5 live in North America
9 live in South America
15 live in Africa
60 live in Asia

49 live in the countryside
51 live in cities

75 have mobile phones
25 do not

30 have internet access
70 do not have the availability to go online

7 received university education
93 did not attend college.

83 can read
17 are illiterate

33 are Christians
22 are Muslims
14 are Hindus
7 are Buddhists
12 are other religions
12 have no religious beliefs.

26 live less than 14 years
66 died between 15 - 64 years of age
8 are over 65 years old.

If you have your own home,
Eat full meals & drink clean water,
Have a mobile phone,
Can surf the internet, and
have gone to college,
You are in the miniscule privileged lot.
(in the less than 7 category)

Amongst 100 persons in the world, only 8 live to or exceed the age of 65.

If you are over 65 years old or more, be content & grateful. Cherish life, grasp the moment.
If you did not leave this world before the age of 64 like the 92 persons who have gone before you, you are already the blessed amongst mankind.

Take good care of your own health and cherish every remaining moment.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Never tried it jillar..

Us Brits dont have it ..but seeing as i will eat most things..im sure i would have devoured it . 

Doreen, if you have pumpkins over there you have the makings for pumpkin pie. Brioski said she used to make it homemade every year :) 

• Like 1

Gday 

My Nan used to make gramma pie. It’s not a type of pumpkin but rather a groud. 
It’s a plant from Mexico from what ive found and how it came to Australia I don’t know. 
Lots of nutty and sweet flavours paired with lemon juice and nutmeg its the queen of pies. I’ve managed to grow it in the past and still have some seeds in my freezer.

Ive tried to match it with pumpkin but it’s not the same. Queensland blues, Japs, butternuts nothing comes close. 
Thank for the reminder I’ll have to do something with those seeds before they are lost. Maybe one of my boys will take it over. Worth a though as the person that passed me the seeds have passed now.

• Like 4

My Lap Top is self destructing 😕

One of the hinges that allows the top panel to open and close is not working properly which is causing the plastic cover over the two hinges to buckle severely and has somehow caused the plastic border around the screen to delaminate and come apart.

Never seen anything like it. Have duct taped part of the screen border back in place but the whole thing no longer sits flat on a flat surface.

Looks like it's time for a new one ☹️ I have the worst luck with electronics! So far, this one is still working somehow but it's very unstable.

Computer6.jpg.d516ce6810cc62b06370c8a66c8579c8.jpg

Computer5.jpg.c94fc49aa7ede3b9962cdbf48f612a59.jpg

• Sad 3

• 3 weeks later...

Making a big batch of home made Alfredo Sauce today!

1714569430_AlfredoSauce.thumb.jpg.25276c66506ba362a7e1ffc913a23dfb.jpg

Will cook up a batch of Fettuccini tonight for supper and give the alfredo sauce a test drive :) Based on the recipe I'm using, it certainly isn't dietetic by any means with heavy cream, butter and grated cheese being the primary ingredients. I did do a couple of small taste tests while it was simmering though and it tasted pretty good indeed. Much better than what you get from a packet or bottle, that's for sure 😋

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Reciprocity said:

Making a big batch of home made Alfredo Sauce today!

1714569430_AlfredoSauce.thumb.jpg.25276c66506ba362a7e1ffc913a23dfb.jpg

Will cook up a batch of Fettuccini tonight for supper and give the alfredo sauce a test drive :) Based on the recipe I'm using, it certainly isn't dietetic by any means with heavy cream, butter and grated cheese being the primary ingredients. I did do a couple of small taste tests while it was simmering though and it tasted pretty good indeed. Much better than what you get from a packet or bottle, that's for sure 😋

i used to do a homemade shrimp alfredo on the charcoal grill in an iron skillet.  it takes some patience and skill to make the alfredo sauce come out right but it still tastes good even if you f*** it up.  That is looking really good.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, intoxicated yoda said:

i used to do a homemade shrimp alfredo on the charcoal grill in an iron skillet.  it takes some patience and skill to make the alfredo sauce come out right but it still tastes good even if you f*** it up.  That is looking really good.

It was really very, very good! Classy Italian Restaurant good :) 

As with any recipe, a quality result demands quality ingredients - no cutting corners or you'll likely be disappointed. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi peeps, feeling a bit nervous bc I started feeling achy, tired today…and my mom, my aunts friend, a client of ours, tested positive for the vid 😒. My mom came over on Christmas seemingly sick and she was like “it’s just a cold it’s Christmas I have to come”, then later that day at hubs’ parents’ house, my FIL was sick with a “respiratory infection”. I love my mom and fam but seriously?! Major eye roll lol. I just hope I’m in need of some good rest or dehydrated or something and it’s not covid.  Even if it is, hoping it’s mild. 

• Sad 4

Bri.

I hope you and family are ok and it's not that wretched crap. Luckily it skipped me through the last of my smoking career. I knew if I got it smoking and with the heart issues it would be devastating. Some family members went through it (non smokers) and just like a flu they got through it.

Now that we are clean the chances of it being mild are certainly better.

Hoping for the best.

• Like 4