Time to Quit

glolin

:rolleyes:Hello all,

I started my quit journey 5 weeks ago on the June 26th. I chose the middle of the day to quit for absolute no reason, it just seemed like a good idea as I started to plan how and when I was going to quit. I also started my quit just as my hubby had to work away from home for two weeks. I thought this was a good move, so that if I got grumpy - he wasn't going to be on the receiving end of it ( hubby is a genuine nice guy).

So here we are now, after smoking a pkt of 30 a day for 40 years and have never attempted to quit before because deep down I didn't think I could do it and not sure how I would have managed failure. I looked at the different NRT and decided for me. I am going to do this cold turkey and that's what I have done.

5 weeks and 1 day later, I have not had a single puff ( read allen Carr's book 2 weeks ago) and not sure that I feel any better at this stage but am sure as time passes I will do.

The first 10 days I struggled with sleeping, however, that is all good now :rolleyes:

The past 10 days I have a throat that has felt as if it was on fire, however, that is easing now :rolleyes:

As far as cravings go, in my opinion, the more you can educate yourself around them, it puts you in a good place to be able to acknowledge for what they are and not succumb to them, especially as the go after a few minutes.

Water as become my new best friend, I keep sipping away at it.

• Like 15

Hey Glorin:

Congrats on your quit and welcome to QT! The start of our journeys sound very similar. I just up and decided to quit one day because I was at a point where I absolutely despised smoking. Yes, cravings suck and some of the physical withdrawals are a pain, but like you've said, all the physical ones have started going away.And you're right, educating yourself on cravings is very important. You're off to an impressive start!

Congrats again. 5 weeks is amazing.

Hiya G welcome and congrats on 5 weeks quit, really great, look forward to getting to know you and I bet your hubby was happy you quit when he was away lol, good idea, did he ever smoke?

Sue x

hi and welcome on board the quit train, 5 weeks plus is a fantastic and yip education is the key, re-educating our brains is the way forward, learning to recognise the junkie thinking and acting upon it, for some the journey is a smooth path for a lot of us the journey is full of pit holes and twists and turns but the important thing is we all reach the destination we want and that is our sticky quit.  Looking forward to sharing your journey xx