My Summer

Trish

Been trying to keep busy this summer.  It's just now starting to get unbearably hot.  Here's some of the projects we have been working on.

Before:  We have a huge oak tree right out front but no grass would grow...just weeds and there were huge roots and tree stumps showing.

Before_zpsc920c3b1.jpg

After:  Will be adding more...but slowly as money allows.  Definitely want a bird bath in there somewhere.

OakTree_zps22faaa54.jpg

The walkway that we started.  It has a little more done now than shows in this picture.  I should have gotten the 60lb. bags of cement rather than the 80 so I could work on it myself while hubby is at work.  We had to do the steps in cement too bc our wood ones were rotting.  It's kinda ugly right now but when we are done it will all be stained/sealed and look nicer!

Walkway_zps0cd214e2.jpg

• Like 6

And finally my bird feeders that I make.  Been saving bottles for a couple years now so they are essentially free!  I like free!

Bird Feeder:

BirdFeeder_zpsa8fb3dc8.jpg

Hummingbird feeder:

HummingFeeder_zps26b64cbe.jpg

That's all for now.  The pics are kinda crappy bc my camera is a pos...won't take pics in the shade.  Oh well...hope you enjoy.

• Like 6

That looks great Trish...in fact, gives me some ideas for some of the concrete I need to replace around here...those forms looks like it allows you to do small areas at a time...I am sure with our winters (freezing and thaws) I will have to do something to help keep them from heaving....but its an idea...thnx!

The tree looks great also..I have the same problems...with ..yep..an oak tree...mine is pretty close to the road to decorate up like yours, so for now, it just has mulch around it  :(

we are having one of the best summers I can remember...75-85 for the highs,and quite a bit of sun...just enough rain to keep things green...I am sure the heat in Texas this time of year forces you inside   ;)

• Like 1

Thanks Joe.  That walkway form is called something like Pathmate Random Walkway.  It's super easy and works great.  I think we will put sand in between the rocks when we are done.  Quikrete makes one too but I likes the pathmate one better.  Got the two forms at Lowe's for like $25.  Not a bad deal. 

Yep we are just now getting up into the triple digits.  My thermometer on my porch says 102 right now but I think it's a bit high.  That combined with poor air quality makes it pretty miserable.  If you want to do anything outside comfortably, you better do it before 8am!

That bottle bird feeder trick is genius!!  Cats and pidgeons kept jumping on my pretty wrought iron one and broke it :(

The path will look fab too, how clever is that tool.

3 digit weather sounds a bit grim to even a sun worshipper like me. How do you get anything done??

• Like 1