Hello :)

SanDar

A little about me. Life long smoker, 20-30 cigs a day. I quit in May, slipped in June and got right back to quitting the next day. Then relapsed on July 7th. I blamed it on "depression" but after talking to my Dr. we came to the conclusion that it was probably the "blahs"  that some people experience when they have quit. 

I started my Chantix again, and had planned to quit July 25th or 26th (weekend). But I absolutely could not stand to smoke another day, so I put out my last one this morning at 10:30. 

I was not taking the Chantix as prescribed, (had read all the scary warnings) so it was of little help the last time I quit. 

This time I'm taking it as prescribed and it seems to be doing it's job. 

I realize there is no magic bullet for this addiction and that I will have to do the work to stay quit.

I have been reading here and also at another site, so I am much more educated than I ever was before.

I recognize some of you folks from the other forum, and am excited to meet everyone else.

Hoping and praying that this is my final quit. 

• Like 8

Welcome SanDar! 

I'm impressed you got right back into it after your relapse :) shows how much you want to be quit.  Quitting can be so hard and even harder if you don't know what to expect.  Make a commitment to NOPE and then, no matter how bad it gets, stick to it.  Post here if you feel you may relapse or even if you just want to talk to vent.  I took Chantix too and it helps, but it will still be hard work for a bit.  You got this!  We'll be with you every step of the way!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard SanDar - the fact that you have recommitted to your quit is awesome ! Stay close and know we are all here to support you a0d0423989cfe63dbac86525c36d6b54_zpsff34

Thanks Pippa!

I am committed. This quitting stuff is getting so old! 

• Like 1

Woohoo, quit already!!  

The weird thing about educating yourself is, you now know too much and don't want to smoke. But the addiction is still there. It's a very surreal feeling and is a mental game. When you feel weird, sad, angry, whatever then post, honestly, we all do here. The help and support is at your fingertips and we genuinely want to help.

Won't go on but excited to see you here and look forward to helping you get your quit tools strong to get this quitting business done and dusted. 

xx

Hi Sandy, it's really good to see you!!

Congratulations on your quit! 

You sound like you are in a very good place, and very commited to the quit, which is great!

Loking forward to travelling the journey with you ;)

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to this wonderful place....

Huge congrats on your great decision too quit.....

I'm a life long smoker ....it's doable......

My advice....stay close to the board,it will give you all the support you need ...

You can do it.....

• Like 1

Hi! :bye:

Welcome back to the wonderful world of quitting smoking. It is great that you didn´t let the addiction hold you hostage for too long after relapse. Back on track!

One day at a time. Champix, gum or whatever, the main work is mind work. Education and focusing on the positives. And sharing the negatives so that we can exorcise them.

You sound like you´ve got it this time. :good:

• Like 1

Woohoo, quit already!!  

The weird thing about educating yourself is, you now know too much and don't want to smoke. But the addiction is still there. It's a very surreal feeling and is a mental game. When you feel weird, sad, angry, whatever then post, honestly, we all do here. The help and support is at your fingertips and we genuinely want to help.

Won't go on but excited to see you here and look forward to helping you get your quit tools strong to get this quitting business done and dusted. 

xx

Hi Marti!

Thanks for convincing me to post here.  Doing well today on day 2 :)

• Like 2