A Place for Smokers

There isn't one anymore.

When I used to smoke, it was out on my back deck, no one around to know about it but my hb.

There is no place smokers are welcome.

I see it more clear now that I quit, people do look down on smokers.   They are not viewed the same.

Thank goodness we have put all that behind us.

• Like 4

I was telling someone today that I smoked in the hospital room that I was in when I had my daughter.  I used to walk through the malls smoking.  You could go out to eat and smoke right there at the table. 

I don't know that people really look down at us or if they just realize how much cigarettes do hurt and don't want to be part of it.  O rmaybe they do look down at us.  Kinda like a junkie exposing themselves.....

And it stinks. 

It really is a nasty habit. 

• Like 2

There really isn't a place for smokers anymore.  They're segregated from the rest of society.  They have special areas they have to linger at to smoke.  Have to carry their collective asses outside to smoke in all kinds of weather, and they look forward to this "break".  Society is voting them out of buildings, restaurants and even bars.  What's to come in 30 years?

Imagine an island where all smokers will be sent.  Imagine the smell.  The faces.  The disease.  The death.  I wonder if the trees would survive?  Would all of the animals leave and the ones which stayed be condemned to the same life sentence?  All smokers will be sent to smoking colonies where their addiction can no longer affect the rest of society. 

• Like 1

Smoking is now a leopards disease and people will avoid you and shun you now a days. Smokers are paying out the butt too now, taxed heavily now for cigarettes and paying extra for medical coverage! Be happy you quit on your own vs be forced to for financial, health reasons, or being told by the government!  

They should be made to wear one of those diving helmets, the big gold fish type ones

Lmao, only joking :)

When we were smokers though we never really gave a monkey's what other people thought just as long as we got a FIX

I get frustrated at smokers now, not at them personally but at the addiction itself and never smokers have no understanding at all

The hospital that I used to work in had a gazebo that was allocated for smokers. I remember trekking to that place multiple times daily in all sorts of weather. Now I think "what an idiot I was". 

I don't look down at smokers but I do catch myself commenting if I smell smoke. I stay away from them not because I want one but because I am having a very Clockwork Orange sort of reaction to the smell.