Frozen party theme ideas I could re create?

Still winning

It's no secret I am a Mum, an amazingly lucky one at that :)  So my eldest Milly has a birthday in september and I intend to waste a fair bit of money to give her a fab party as she struggles to make friends with kids, I think she is just actually a mini adult and was born old lol.  Her theme is frozen, I'm surprised as she will be 9 but ok...

I know some of you are creative and on some sites I can't quite work out like pintrest, any ideas for food, decorations, games etc?

xx

• Like 3

What a fabulous idea Marti, I bet she'll be overjoyed!

Frozen isn't something I know much about tbh, my two are 14, not far off 15. I love creative projects so will do some research on the movie and if I get any grand flahes of ideas I'll let you know.

Do they like karaoke? Would they sing or be too embarrassed? Just you can normally get karaoke versions of the songs from youtube. That might not be your thing though?

Haven't researched Frozen yet.... shower, tv and bed soon.

But before I go..... does she like beauty and makeovers? Not games I know but the could do Frozen colour (not sure on the colours from the movie) nail make over, Frozen key colour Loom bands, Frozen colour eyemake overs.... before the grand sing along or dance to the soundtrack of the movie.

Meanwhile frozen theme colour cupcakes on the buffet- or decorate your own cupcake, they do fabulous one cup cake boxes (pack of six for a pound) in the £1 shop. So they can make one to eat now and one to take home- massive time filler.

Must go shower Marti, hope you get some good ideas from other, I'm sure you will.

• Like 1

christmas-cake-pop-snow-ball-photo-420x4

Prep Time 1 hour

Cook Time 1 hour

These sparkly snowball cake pops are for eating, not throwing.

What you'll need
  • Baked cake (your favorite box mix)
  • 1 Can of frosting
  • White colored sugar sprinkles
  • White candy coating (2-3 bags)
  • Lollipop sticks
  • Brick of Styrofoam
  • Parchment lined baking sheet
Helpful Tip:

If you find your candy coating too thick, stir in a 1/2 teaspoon of vegetable oil to thin it.

How to make it
  1. Bake your cake according to the box instructions and set aside to cool completely. Prep your sprinkles by putting them into a small bowl or plate.

2. Crumble the cake finely into a bowl. Discard any hard edging of the cake that does not crumble neatly. Spoon in ½ - ¾ the can of frosting and use your hands to mix the frosting thoroughly into the cake.

3. Using your hands, scoop out a small portion of cake and roll it into a ball and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Once all the cake is shaped, place the cookie sheet into the freezer for 15 minutes. After that time, transfer to the refrigerator.

4. Once the 15 minutes is up, pour the white candy coating into a microwave safe bowl and microwave at 50% for 40-second intervals. Stir after each 40-second interval, being careful to not over heat the candy coating. When there are only a few lumps left, stir the coating until it is melted and smooth.

5. Remove 3 or 4 cakes from the refrigerator at a time to dip. Dip the end of a lollipop stick into the coating, then insert into the bottom of the cake. Now, dip the pop into the coating, submerging the cake completely. Do not swirl the cake pop or the cake will come apart into the bowl. Let any extra coating drip back into the bowl.

6. Before the candy coating dries, sprinkle white colored sugar sprinkles all over the cake pop. Set the stick end into the Styrofoam to dry. Repeat until all the cake pops are dipped and decorated.

• Like 1

Throw snowflake at it in essence :)  

Ordered these for the top of the cake and will use fondant icing in varying shades of blue on a normal cake I think:  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261512148966?var=560390206461&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649