Glad Hell week is over.

Susana

And what a hell of a week it has been!.

At points I thought I wasn´t going to make it. I really had to fight hard against my worst junkie thoughts. I encountered really bad cravings at odd times. I posted a semi-SOS and found the courage to be honest and describe how (crappy) I felt. Thank you all for being there for me.

Then the last two days.... plain sailing. Amazing!

Also I´m already seeing some benefits:

- My mouth is full of ulcers. This is good because it means that the lining of my mouth is healing and renewing and soon I will have nice pink gums and whiter teeth. :D

- I don´t have smokers cough any more. Funny how it disappears after just a couple of days´ quit and it comes back after just one day´s smoking. However I do cough, a lot after exercising, and I´m chucking out garbage. Which is good. Better out than in.

- I smell nice. And I can tell because I can smell a smoker from a distance, and it is revolting.

- No more smokey hangovers!!!!!!! Last night I celebrated my driving licence and drank quite a lot. But today I feel GREEEEEAT!, OK,a little bit woolly-headed, but nothing compared with that horrible feeling the day after drinking AND smoking. Yesssss!!!!!!!

- I´m actually putting my 4.5€ in a wine glass every night, and I can see it piling up now. I need a larger glass... and soon a jar. I recommend every new quitter does this. The visual is really amazing.

So bring on Heck week! I can´t wait! B)

• Like 9

This has really made me smile :)  

You really are doingso well Susana!!  It's ok to have bad days, non smokers have bad days as do recently quit smokers.  I too liked the visual of the healing, way to look at the positive side. Remember hydration clears things through much quicker on the mouth/skin front, water for the win!!

Hell week done - BOOM!! 

xx

• Like 1

That is just great Susana. We are all really happy for you.

I love the fact that you are turning things that some might consider negatives, into positives - it's so refreshing to see!!

You are going to rock heck week, just like you rocked hell week :)

• Like 1

Great job and great attitude, Susana!

You must not leave this board for any unreasonable length of time.  Reading your accomplishments and honesty in your writing is very helpful.  Can't wait to see what happens next for you, the new you.  :)

Keep on kickin' ass and taking names.

Hi! Thanks got your words of encouragement!

I have a friend at home for the weekend so I'm non-stop busy. Great time!!! She smokes. I have no desire to smoke. I don't even like the smell of fresh smoke. But my body craves. I'm using nico-gum, which is helping immensely. But as soon aa she is gone I want to start ditchig the gum.

Sorry about my spelling. New phone ;-)