Intro and hello!

CatM

Hi All:

After 8 years smoke free, I started again last June 2013 when I had a huge crisis. I've ride to quit several times since then, but I'm fed up now. I feel terrible and look years older now than I did when I was not smoking. I am determined to do it this time. I'm just looking for support for the withdrawls. The symptoms are usually so bad, I just cave. But I'm gonna tough it out this time. I know once I get thru the first few weeks I'll feel like myself again. Looking forward to connecting with you all.

• Like 8

Hi All:

After 8 years smoke free, I started again last June 2013 when I had a huge crisis. I've ride to quit several times since then, but I'm fed up now. I feel terrible and look years older now than I did when I was not smoking. I am determined to do it this time. I'm just looking for support for the withdrawls. The symptoms are usually so bad, I just cave. But I'm gonna tough it out this time. I know once I get thru the first few weeks I'll feel like myself again. Looking forward to connecting with you all.

:bye: Hi Cat and welcome. Stick close to the board, lots of ice water, juice and read, read, read. Lots of info here. Remember to post an SOS if you feel like you are in danger of smoking we are here to help! :D You can do it!!

Welcome, Cat!  Congratulations on your decision to quit!   As well as the material here, many of us have also benefitted from reading Allen Carr's book, EasyWay to Stop Smoking.  There are a lot of warm, wonderful people here to support your quit...and every one of us have been where you are now.  So glad you found us!!

Welcome, Cat!  Thanks for being here.  :)

When the withdrawal symptoms are starting to test you, hop on the forum and write about them.  Not only will this allow others to support you, but your posts about what you're going through will help somebody else who may be lurking from the outside and either dealing with the same or scared to even try.

There is no requirement to be a non-smoker to be here so even those who slip up and smoke, are encouraged to not leave.  This is the best place to be no matter where you're at in your quit journey.  The important thing, like DevilDoll said, if you feel like you might smoke, post an SOS.  All the moderators and many members get alerts sent straight to their phones and emails whenever a new thread is created in the SOS forum.

How long since your last cigarette?   How do you feel?

• Like 2

Welcome Cat :)  Quitting with the support of this forum makes all the difference.  Any struggle you have, no matter how trivial you think it may be - bring it to the board (or pm another member), we'll help you work it out.  Glad you are here!

Welcome Cat - as the others have said - read all you cab, drink lots of water and stock up on fruit and juice to help balance sugar levels - you can so do this .also stick close to the board - you will find great support here :-)

Hi Cat, thanks for the introduction, and I'm really happy you found us!

Like frez said, you've done it once, you can do it again - and this time you've got us to cheer you on and support you.

Looking forward to getting to know you :)

Welcome, Cat!  Congratulations on your decision to quit!   As well as the material here, many of us have also benefitted from reading Allen Carr's book, EasyWay to Stop Smoking.  There are a lot of warm, wonderful people here to support your quit...and every one of us have been where you are now.  So glad you found us!!

Well said Nancy.

Welcome Cat! A lot of cat lovers in the mix here as well. We are here to help, or be a ready ear.

I personally thought I would die a smoker, (and the death would be horrible), so if I can quit, I really feel anyone can.

Congrats on the great decision to stop again! Allen Carr's books are so helpful.

• Like 1

Hi Cat, so glad you found us and we would love to support you!!

Tell us all about it, now, tomorrow, whatever and whenever. Posting helps you to get it out of your head, lurkers to consider quitting and us to reinforce our quit by helping you get yours - absolutel win win!!

How are you quitting? Patches/cold turkey?  When are youquitting, do you have a date set? 

Hope to hear back from you soon and a big warm welcome! x