Tools in ya Box !!!!

Thought we could post our tips and hints ,to what helped you quit .....

I had a few ....

My punching pillow ....I used a Marker to draw a face ..( never mind who ).

When I got a crave I would punch that pillow so hard it went flying through the air ....a few times of doing that ....my crave had past ....

I'll be back later with more ...

What did you do ?????

• Like 6

I used my air cigarette. I just pretended I was holding an actual cigarette in my fingers and then went through the motions of "smoking" it. It worked great at tricking my brain into thinking it was getting the real thing.

• Like 5

I played a lot of "Chicks or Sticks" here on the board in the early days of my quit.  Felt like I traded one addiction for another.

Late night speed-runs with Duck.  Me and Sonic irritating Doreen.  Bakon doing some creative accounting...Good times!

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

I stayed on this board. I remember being in the fetal position under my covers crying, believing that I was losing my mind, but I had my phone with me and I was reading everything on this site. Later, it was cold water and deep breathing on top of this board that kept me grounded. Today, it’s deep breathing and this board. I have no problem saying that I owe my quit to QUITTRAIN and all of the wonderful people here. 🤗

• Like 7

i played a lot of golf.  did a lot of walking.  in between i broke a few things and then put them back together.  spent a lot of time here playing games and typing out messages to no one that never got submitted and chronicled my quit so i could go back and see where i started from.  not sure how i made it this far sometimes but here i am.

• Like 7

Reading posts and playing games on the Train. The number one reason I kept my sanity. 

Wall push-ups. Hundreds. And hundreds. Sadly, this has not made me buff, but it did help me not light up!

Mashing Silly Putty. Also good during idiotic work Zoom calls. 

Speed-weeding... dash outside, pull as many weeds as I can in 5 min, dash back inside. 

Mini-honey-do-list. Silly little 5-minute tasks that need doing around the house... stuff like "tighten the screws on the leg chairs" or "clorox wipe the mystery slime out of the bottom of the recycle bin."

Shaking my arms and legs really, really hard. @Doreensfree, the next time I'll do it to Bohemian Rhapsody!

Edited by DenaliBlues
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I had an app on my phone that would send me little reward sms... it's 1 hour since you smoke..as the awards went further, the messages would come with updates about what changes to my body/health I had achieved. It also had a memory match game that was timed. By the time the timer ran out the crave was gone.

Um...I played all the games, who can forget a whole page of boobies.

I stirred the shit.

I played hours of minesweeper.

NOPE was a big thing for me....I mean I'd pledge it publicly to one and all...made it harder to cave to the crave.

I used nrt chewies...plus they got me through some tough times...negative, they prolonged the whole withdrawal stage and craves...if I had the time over would I use them again?...probably. For me, I needed the psychological crutch they provided...I do think my approach, which was to make the gap between chewies longer each time and to have a normal chewie every second time, meant I wasn't substituting 1 addiction for another....nrt is not for everyone...it certainly isn't the cure all..but for me it was a tool that contributed to my success.

Sovereign Hill Raspberry Drops....for those not from the great land diwn under or lucky enough to have visited our wonderful tourist attraction Soveriegn Hill, these are the greatest lollies (candies/sweets) ever. They are a hard boiled Raspberry flavoured lolly which I would suck during a crave...not overly sweet with a slight sour kick, not unlike a real Raspberry, these things were my reward.

• Like 7

Sovereign Hill Raspberry Drops....for those not from the great land diwn under or lucky enough to have visited our wonderful tourist attraction Soveriegn Hill, these are the greatest lollies.

I remember it well Jo....great place .....and yes I also remember all the boobies 😁🐸

• Haha 4