2013 Summer Quitters - You Are All Awesome

Colleen

I just love watching all the summer quitters reach that milestone we all couldn't wait to get to...one year quit.  In the beginning, it seems such an unattainable goal, doesn't it?  Amazing how, once you get started and pass the first small milestones it becomes so easy and time just flies by.  How did we all hold it together?  I think the fact that we were all in the same boat at pretty much the same time helped tremendously.  Whether we had private conversations with each other or just congratulated one another for each month celebrated smoke free - we were there for each other and that is what this place is all about.  So, all you 2014 Summer Quitters or soon to be new quitters, take heed - the support makes all the difference in this quitting business, really it does.  I can promise you that.

I've had some wine and am feeling a bit sappy, so just excuse my ramblings if you want  or laugh, it's okay  :)  I'm still proud of us summer quitters :)

• Like 10

We'll have to wait for Gemzee to see what our percentage of success looks like, but we did have Nancy leading us so that was a big advantage. None of us wanted to let her down, so we took smoking off the table.

• Like 5

We'll have to wait for Gemzee to see what our percentage of success looks like, but we did have Nancy leading us so that was a big advantage. None of us wanted to let her down, so we took smoking off the table.

I'll be there don't you worry :p Yep, the summer 2013 quitters are an awesome group of people - so glad to be a part of Summer 2013 Quitters! Just over 6 weeks till I get to the lido deck I think :) Super exciting!!

• Like 3

I'll be there don't you worry :p Yep, the summer 2013 quitters are an awesome group of people - so glad to be a part of Summer 2013 Quitters! Just over 6 weeks till I get to the lido deck I think :) Super exciting!!

Hey Gemzee - I have already saved you a seat AND ordered your first wine .- So of course you are going to be here ! Promise I won't drink it before you get here .... Then again the lido deck does have and endless flow ! a0d0423989cfe63dbac86525c36d6b54_zpsff34

• Like 2

you are all awesome!

i have not seen so many year quits made in one week!!!!! - this is fantastic and exhausting with all the celebration lol - but very happy to do so

you all deserve your freedom 

thanks to all for pulling the rest of us along :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty excited for our new summer quitters and our more experienced ones :)  The celebrations have been fabulous!!  Just think next year we will be doing this again.  

In no particular order the ones I have off the top of my head (but not exclusive too, please add yourself)

Gabby

Holski

Mason

Slovenka177

Jenw1022

Susana

MtbJay

Sandar

Humbled

John_Doe

Summertime is busy in the quitting game :)

• Like 1

I'm pretty excited for our new summer quitters and our more experienced ones :)  The celebrations have been fabulous!!  Just think next year we will be doing this again.  

In no particular order the ones I have off the top of my head (but not exclusive too, please add yourself)

Gabby

Holski

Mason

Slovenka177

Jenw1022

Susana

MtbJay

Sandar

Humbled

John_Doe

Summertime is busy in the quitting game :)

Maybe one of the 2014 Summer Quitters can get their group off the ground??

Obviously more of a winter quitter myself, but chasing after you guys has been great.

Well done to you all!

Apart from the tiny insignificant gift of life - anyone got themselves a big reward for one year?

I'm going out with my fiancé to a gorgeous restaurant for fine food and champagne! Might treat myself to some new shoes as well! 4 weeks to go.
  • Like 2