Come In And Say Hi !!!!

Hello everyone.i was a vaper not a cigarette smoker although did smoke cigarettes before becoming a vaper,so hope I can still use this forum.. I quit at 2pm on the 31st December had no Intensions of stopping I just couldn't be bothered to get vape juice and thought enough they all taste the same I'm fed up of coils.dry hits and standing out in the cold to vape at work . So after a 10 year relationship with my vape I bought some nic gum and haven't looked back . The first 8 days seemed fine and I manged each day but today has been a hard one feeling ratty and trying not to snap .hopefully tomorrow will be a good day 

• Like 6

Welcome aboard @Kerry, of course your welcome here. We are all nicotine addicts be it cigarettes or vaping. We have a great forum with info on vaping and a forum dedicated to it here: https://www.quittrain.com/forum/18-vaping-juuling-unquestionable-addiction-reckless-aftermath/ 

I encourage you to read the threads there to educate yourself on just how bad vaping is proving to be. In some regards worse than smoking. We also have great threads on the main board I encourage you to read.  

As far as how your feeling, it's pretty normal in this stage of your quit. Just hang tight it will get better as long as you don't vape! :) 

• Like 4

Welcome @Kerry. You are doing a great thing in putting vaping behind you.

What you are going through sounds normal so just stick with it.  Things do get better with time.

Stick around, there is a lot of support and knowledge you can get with this site.  It is good to have you here.

• Like 4

Hi, @Kerry. Big congrats on making it through your first week! This Train community is a great place to get info and support (and to distract yourself from cravings) as you progress through your quit. Learn all you can about nicotine addiction, and keep us posted on how you’re feeling. Welcome aboard!

• Like 5

Congratulations on your Quit...and Welcome Aboard ....

We have tons of useful information for you to read ....Get to know the board ...

We have games and fun things too ,it passes the time ...

Those who succeed are the ones who participate.,helping others that follow ...

Believe in yourself ...you can do it ....buckle up ..enjoy the ride ...there will be some bends along the way ..🐸

• Like 4

Welcome aboard Kerry, you have just made the best decision of your life. Quitting addiction is tough but manageable. There is a lot knowledge available here regarding addiction . Plus, you will get all the support you need here.

• Like 5

On 1/9/2023 at 6:06 PM, Kerry said:

Hello everyone.i was a vaper not a cigarette smoker although did smoke cigarettes before becoming a vaper,so hope I can still use this forum.. I quit at 2pm on the 31st December had no Intensions of stopping I just couldn't be bothered to get vape juice and thought enough they all taste the same I'm fed up of coils.dry hits and standing out in the cold to vape at work . So after a 10 year relationship with my vape I bought some nic gum and haven't looked back . The first 8 days seemed fine and I manged each day but today has been a hard one feeling ratty and trying not to snap .hopefully tomorrow will be a good day 

Hello @Kerry you'll have good days and bad days, just focus on the goal which is to breathe without vaping.  My first 6 weeks were manageable and then shit got real.  Just keep managing your quit one day at the time until it becomes natural and realize you are doing great even when it feels like you aren't.

• Like 3

Thank you everyone for your replys and messages of support it's lovely to see I'm not on my own ... yesterday and today have been great and I'm now heading into day 11 and a half.  Have a works night out tonight mainly all smokers/vapers but my plan is no alcohol as alcohol and vaping go hand in hand so mocktails for me 

• Like 6

@Kerry, glad to hear that you are going to keep your quit! Going into a situation that is a known trigger can be a trial, so have a plan for what you’ll do if a strong craving strikes. (It helps to do something physical, also have gum or mints handy.) come back here afterwards and let us know how it went. That sharing is a great reinforcement for your quit as well. 

• Like 4

You're doing great @Kerry and I agree with denaliblues to bring mints or gum to suck on. We also have an SOS board you can post to if you feel yourself caving to a crave. Members will know you need extra support if you post there and will help you through it 😊

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

day 1 of quitting after 40 years of smoking. Am initially using patches (quit once before for 2 years). Struggling with feeling like I will miss smoking so much. It was such a big part of my life for so long!

determined to persevere although I imagine I’m going to face some really rough days ….

• Like 6

Hello @Slow progress! You are doing a wonderful thing by quitting smoking again. You know what to expect because you’ve done it before but, it’s still going to be hard and one of the hardest things to do is to come up with ways to fill all of that time you normally would have spent smoking. Don’t dwell on the ‘missing’! Dwell on taking in deep breaths of fresh air! Going on short brisk walks or long runs. Literally anything other than lighting up! I look forward to seeing you around and following your quit. We have an SOS thread that has been successfully used by others when they reach out in times of intense cravings and want help getting through it. You can find it on the main page of this site. Welcome aboard!!! 🤗 

• Like 7

Welcome @Slow progress, Congratulations on deciding to quit this nasty habit 😊 The first year can be a struggle with thoughts of .pissing the very thing that was killing you but as your quit grows and things like your sense of taste and smell return, your breathing improves and your bank account grows you'll start seeing that there's more to love about NOT smoking then there is to miss smoking 😊

I recommend making yourself a ticker for your signature so you can see all the time, cigarettes NOT smoked and cash saved since quitting, it's a huge inspiration to keep the quit😊

• Like 6

Hello and welcome @Slow progress....

Congratulations on the making the decision to quit smoking ...I too smoked for many decades ..

Being free is the most wonderful feeling ...

Check out all the green pinned posts on the Main Smoking Discussion Board ..

There is tons of useful information there to get you started ...

We will support you on your journey to Freedom....

Stay Close 🐸 

• Like 5

Hi Slow progress :) So glad you jumping back on the train. Finding ways to fill that time is hard at first. You did this once so already know you can do it. Just remember it ok to still give yourself breaks like you use to when smoking (I had to give myself permission for that)  now just do it with something else ...short walks, coming here to read, a funny video whatever you like and remember how good you felt for those 2 years.....cheering for you all the way :)

• Like 6

Well I’m trying to keep super busy - long walk with dog - supermarket, cooking, cleaning and gonna walk dog again soon - oh yay!

hubby was meant to quit today too, but hasn’t (he didn’t quit last time either) so that’s a little annoying. Read lots on the site and am going with the approach that I am not going to smoke today! 

Lately have been feeling the effects of smoking so I think if I don’t do this now I’m gonna be in trouble fairly soon! On a positive note, I’m going away on Friday for a month - none of my family smokes, so hopefully will be easier with a change of routine and location.

thanks to all for the cheerleading x

• Like 5