Massive draw back :-(

Susana

I didn´t know where to post this, please mods feel free to move this post to wherever it belongs... maybe it is just a vent :girl_cray2:

So... I´ve been quiet because I was mega-busy. I tested the elliptical bikes yesterday, which was great, and on my way home I found a puppy.10402943_10202083804848904_2035251469742

He looks very grown up in the pic, but it was a tiny bouncy floppy thingy. Really sweet. Very obedient and well trained. 

So I spent last evening walking him around the urbanisation, hoping that his family would be looking for him or somebody would recognise him. I missed the World Cup match. I walked miles and miles and he walked alongside me. Bless him.

Nothing.

He spent the night in my porch. Didn´t make a noise all night. Happy with his cushion and his company (Molly, my vicious cat, who slept on a chair by his cushion).

So today we had to go to the police to report it (he is a Staffordshire, a "potentially dangerous" breed), to the vet to check whether he had a chip (he didn´t, 4 months is too young anyway), I hung posters, I bought him a bone, I took him to the doggy park to see how he behaved with other dogs...

And somebody recognised him at the doggy park. His name is Duque and he belongs to a woman one block away from my house. So I handed him over with a smile. 

I can´t possibly have a dog. My schedule is manic. I´m hardly at home. That´s why I have two cats. I dislike doggy smell. I dread having to pick up poop in full view of everybody. Dogs lick. Dogs are messy. My garden and porch are filthy after just 24 hours... so... Why on earth am I crying my eyes out?

I was doing great yesterday.

I will pick myself up tomorrow. I have a busy day tomorrow. Busy is good (keeps my mind away from smoking).

But the in-between is hard. On my way to bed anyway. I behaved like a big girl today but I´m crying my eyes out and I needed to tell somebody.

Mierda! :cray: 

• Like 4

Good people love animals and children. It's because you come from a pure heart. So I think it's a good thing!  Cry, crying is good for the soul and the baby is back where he belongs and safe thanks to you. All is good. x

• Like 4

As most people know, dogs have a very special place in my life and have for many years.  You may not like the mess they can make, but the unconditional love they possess is very unique. 

You did the right all the right things and reunited this pooch with it's owner who I hope was very please to get her beloved dog back.  :)

• Like 7

I would have probably been the same as you - give h back with a smile, and be holding back the tears, lol.

Sounds like you built a connection to him really quickly - all of what you did for him was very kind.

Like you said, you probably don't have time in your life for a pooch at the moment, but maybe one day you will ;)

• Like 2

Aww susanna,

That was a kind thing to do.....poor guy needed help......so well done for reuniting him with his owner....

We had a staffy for 12years,they are the most loveable dogs ever.....it's a case of good dogs ,bad owners.....

• Like 2

So happy he found his way home and he was so lucky someone like you found him first to return him to his owner, its amazing the effect that animals have on us, I honestly also believe animals know who has the biggest heart so this little fella knew you had a big heart and would look after him.  Cry and let it all out, sometimes a damn good cry is what we really need, sending hugs and your doing great xx

• Like 2

you did a great thing susana well done you xx

nothing wrong with crying like a girl when it comes to animals, if only there were more people like it in the world!

i wonder if you will visit the dog park ;)

• Like 2

As most people know, dogs have a very special place in my life and have for many years.  You may not like the mess they can make, but the unconditional love they possess is very unique. 

You did the right all the right things and reunited this pooch with it's owner who I hope was very please to get her beloved dog back.  :)

Dogs are amazing companions SueRose.  Everyday I come home she is the first to greet me with a crazy wagging tail and extreme eagerness for me to open that door and pet her.  They are alot of work, and in my case alot of money, but I cannot imagine life without her.  You did the right thing because I am sure he was missed.  But you crying... maybe you need a companion like this as well.  just saying.

Keep on keepin on Sue.

I can understand you crying, I really can, you did a wonderful thing.

I can also imagine the owner crying tears of joy that it was someone with your k7nd and honest morals that found him, I know I would if it had been one of my boys.

Hope your feeling ok xx