What did you do with your old cigarettes??

I really am wondering what other people did??  There are still cigarettes here. Lesser readers who are not as nosy as I, skip the whole middle section and answer the last line only - Bakon - saved ya! lol

I hid them after my Mums health scare where she announced smoking was done, absolute kudos - 50 odd years later she still has a 3 weeks quit!  Yeah she's pretty cranky lol, but not smoking. Now....

She put a packet in her handbag and they are all still there. Yes we have the mother/daughter dynamic SOOOO confused and I keep checking, I know, I'm a bad person!!

I also removed one sealed one open packet that she had and forgot about in a raid of drawers and cupboards before I went and broke her out of hospital to look after at home, I hid them in the cupboard...in case the quit didn't stick (yes I'm a cost conscious chav!).  They are still there too.

I don't know whether to get rid or keep them. My whole quit I have had access to cigs via smokers living in the same house!! I actually kinda like this, I always could have and chose not too kind of mentality.  Apart from one dire SOS where I still don't know for sure I wouldn't have smoked - as luck would have it the cigs had gone to bed with the owner as I was in my holier than thou quitting faze and poor Mama was concerned her cigs would take the hit haha.

So what did you do with yours?!

• Like 1

I had three left and they went with me everywhere, kinda junkie thinking but also It gave me a challenge, then Bonnie posted a post about her 13

And I thought about mine ans said yep don't need you anymore

I dowsed them in water and chucked  in bin that morning :)

No drama no emotion just done!

My advice get rid, you are both done with that 

You are beautiful non smokers :) x!

Don't worry about the cost  Just look what both of you have saved xx

• Like 2

yeah see Bonnie's 11 post is sticking with me.  I do like a "big finish" lol.  Then Tracey, I hear ya, get er done an all.  babs of course was uber organised and just smoked em em all lol.  You can't all come up with different options on me though! 

Holski, proper tempted to give them to one of two mums I really like down the school. They are both hard up for cash. But then I feel like an ars*hole :( One of the same mums also asked to borrow allen carr - could I give her the cigs and the book....no, it's just weird. If it were still my hubby then that's weirdly ok, I actually did that too, but now he's quit and everyone around me has caved and quit lol. Brilliant problem to have I guess so hang tough holski cause who knows right. x

• Like 1

I smoked all mine, I am one of those people who can not have any in the house.  You are so controlled with them.  Maybe give them away so there is none for your mum.  Three weeks is pretty awesome for a smoker of 50 years. 

• Like 3

The night before I quit half a pack, lighters, and ashtrays went in the trash can, the next morning, the garbage man took them away. They were garbage and dealt with as such. They were no longer an option.

• Like 1

My Mum gave her last cigarettes away today!!

I'm going to have a burn up of these last ones next weekend :)  Having thought it through and seen some of you guys also held on, it feels overdue and ok. There's a significance to next saturdays date, so I think I will run with that.

Thanks for all your answers!! x

• Like 1

I ran out of smokes on a Sunday at around 12:00 Noon.  Did not feel like going to the store to get more... so I said Fock it...I am quitting.  Never smoked another.

Keep on keepin on.

• Like 1