I'm not sure what do think about this

Sarah

So I was out this weekend and a friend of a friend of a friend, of a friend?!

Anyway, I got chatting to this guy. It turned out that he worked for Lotus and did aerodynamic things. He was pretty cool, good looking and obviously quite a clever chappy. And he'd just quit smoking. So we were chatting away and then he started to unload a portable chemistry set and batteries and constructed this vaping pipe thing where he had a selection of potions he put into it before vaping.

This obviously brought up the conversation about what it is to quit smoking.

At least when you smoked you kinda looked cool (well I thought that when I smoked anyway), but these gizmos and batteries and potions to fill them up with look silly.

And I don't want someone dependant on nicotine.

So we swapped numbers.

But...

Well. Its just really put me off.

What do you think?

• Like 3

oooo, too weird :(  Personally I'd try and talk him round though, (cocky Bi*ch that I am lol) and if that didn't work ditch him. But I'd want to make sure if he ticked all the other boxes for me.

That aside, you'd be amazed the amount of people who think e cigs and vaping equals quit - seems quite common sadly. 

xx

• Like 1

Mind you Sarah he might be vaping with a view to get down to zero nicotine? Many do, I did myself. Many vape no nicotine as the collection of stuff and diy e liquid has become a hobby to them, their choice.

Choice is yours of course but if he plans to continue using nicotine and that bothers you then you have your answer.

• Like 2

Thanks for the thoughts.

I'm not completely sure what my problem is with it (aside from it looking silly).

I guess I'll wait and see, he's texted me for a 'proper' date rather than just down the pub so maybe I'll see how that goes and find out how much it bothers me.

I think though its a bit like if someone has a big nose and you'd never noticed it, and then someone points it out and that's all you see now!

If one quits the Crack Cocaine in only to snort the Powder Cocaine and remain addicted ... has one really quit anything at all?

Easy Peasy

Depends on personal opinion I suppose, and maybe where you live?

Essex health authority, where I live, changed my records to a non smoker after 4 months of stopping smoking cigarettes. I made it clear I was still using nicotine at the time. I can only say, from my own personal experience, that although it no doubt appeared to others I was still in fact smoking my body could tell a huge difference between smoke and vapour.

• Like 1

Thanks for the thoughts.

I'm not completely sure what my problem is with it (aside from it looking silly).

I guess I'll wait and see, he's texted me for a 'proper' date rather than just down the pub so maybe I'll see how that goes and find out how much it bothers me.

I think though its a bit like if someone has a big nose and you'd never noticed it, and then someone points it out and that's all you see now!

That sounds like a good idea to me, enjoy your date and have fun ;)

• Like 1

Nothing to lose by going on the date, if he takes his chemistry set out on the date, just get drunk cos the truth always comes out when you are drunk and tell him he looks rediculous doing that and tell him it's turning you off him, if it's meant to be it will work out, no point in saying nothing and he keeps looking like cheech and chong at a restaurant and it will keep driving you bonkers.

Well that's what I would do anyways,

don't forget no falling off stools and wear matching undies ;)

Have a good one!!

• Like 1

You like what you like... if you do not like vaping... tell the dude you are busy washing your hair.

Or tell him that you don't like it... maybe he will ditch it and you will be helping him.

Vaping is weird to me and just a last ditch effort to hang on.

Keep on keepin on.

• Like 1

First questions to ask anybody you're even slightly interested in:

Do you drink Coffee?  If no.  Pretend to get a phone call and don't return.

What kind of coffee?  If it's swill, pretend to get a call and don't return.

Do you smoke?  If yes, first date must be on Quit Train and us as chaperones.  If no, then you get the greenlight. 

Do you vape?  If this answer is "huh?", all is well and proceed.  If the answer is yes, eck.  If the person all of a sudden pulls out the high school science fair project with batteries hooked up to a ventilator to suck in poision, run.

Well his main thing was to stop 'smoking' which he has done. He doesn't seem too concerned about quitting the vaping. That was the impression I got a least.

His was sounds like WAY too much work... It would be so much easier (and cheaper) for him to give up completely, lol.

And I agree, people 'vaping' just look silly to me (yes, I've done it before) :p

Sarah I would go with the flow just now, its only a date at the min, you can lightly let him know that vaping does nothing for you, but if he does something for you :P  and you want to take it further, see how you feel,  personally I feel vaping is still smoking whether or not there is still nicotine in the liquid as your inhaling let us know how it goes xx

Seriously a carer at work come bouncing in the other night saying she quit for five days she said she had a she she?? I looked at her Blankly and she ran out to her car and was laughing at this huge pink thing, then she demonstrated it then oozed what flavour it was and she loved it, then she said  to me have a go!

I seriously think people don't get it!

My opinion, if they use it to wean off then that's ok but to just substitute is wrong, you see people puffing on these things a lot more than they would a regular smoke so they are probably more addicted then they were before

Kids are going crazy for them!

I despair I really do

But I wouldn't let it stop you Sarah from a date as one he won't stink at least and two maybe he would listen to you educate him?

Sounds too big. Dump him and wait for smaller man with worse habits.

Being former smokers we want to not let that be a deal breaker so use something else like his inability to fit in small cars or little tables in small spaces. I could not kiss a smoker and vaps are smoking cool nicotine. Just no fire

Aww Sarah - it's just a first date - go for it - who knows what happens ... Lots of us were smokers when we met our partners and they didn't judge us !!

Just one prob tho - no idea what vaping looks like - never heard of it until I came on these boards !