A Big Hello

Welcome Jen!  You'll love it here, I can promise you that!  I see you are recently quit, Please ask anyone any questions you may have.  Quitting smoking is very doable!  It just takes time and persistence!

Welcome aboard the QT!

• Like 2

I did in fact quit may 2nd but had some lapses so I'm being completely honest ......

I've addressed a lot of my triggers it comes down to me never romancing the cigs and I plan on doing so

Jen

It's ok to be honest :)  We won't jump on you for it.  The important thing is to evaluate the reasons it happened and to never quit quitting.  Some of us take longer to find freedom than others  and you only have to want to quit smoking to be a member here. 

• Like 3

I did in fact quit may 2nd but had some lapses so I'm being completely honest ......

I've addressed a lot of my triggers it comes down to me never romancing the cigs and I plan on doing so

Jen

Welcome to Quit Train, Jen!  I've had relapses as well but once you quit for good, none of that matters.  When you fully believe that smoking is of no benefit to you, you basically kill all the desire to smoke.  You won't want to smell it much less romance it.

Thanks for being a part of us and please post often.  If you ever need to post an SOS, myself, the moderators and many members get alerts via email or sent to their phones so somebody will be right there with you.  You're never alone in this and will never, ever be judged.  You're gonna like this train ride.  :)

• Like 1

Welcome!  I know I'm far from perfect, far as I'm concerned, so long as you keep fighting for yourself that is what counts.

Have you read Allen Carr?  I practically memorized his book when I was quitting.  When I felt lonely, like I'd lost my 'friend,' I'd grab it and start reading, or head to gym and listen to it while on a cardio machine.

Glad to see you and very happy you decided to take your life back!

:welcome:

• Like 1

Jen

Sometimes it takes a couple of tries before we get our sticky quit.  However, don't let this mean that it is okay to keep relapsing.  Every time you relapse, it makes the quit harder.  You have to remember that there is NOTHING that smoking offers.  NOTHING - not stress relief (it actually adds to your stress), not losing weight (you are more healthy even with a couple of extra pounds), not relaxation.  NOTHING!  You have to commit that whatever else happens - you will not smoke.  Then soon, you will find that the triggers and cravings become easier and easier to overcome.  

And you're right.  No romancing the smoke.  That romance is nicotine talking and will only keep you sucked into forever smoking.   Who wants that???  Not me! 

You CAN do this.  So keep at it! :)  

• Like 2

Welcome Aboard Jen! Most here had 'a practice quit' or two.

What causes you to slip? Do you have a plan on how to deal with those circumstances next time?

Read, post and soon you will be celebrating weeks, months and years as a non-smoker.

Welcome!

• Like 2

Hi Jen welcome to the train :)

Congratulations on your quit

You found another board that to me speaks volumes, so you are in a Great place already

Education and support is the rest of a recipe for a lifetime quit

Read and post as much as you can, we will support you the best we can from our own experiences which are very varied but we are all non smokers :)

• Like 2

Some of us needed a few practice quits and to find a safe place to support us before we're off. Like Tracey says it speaks volumes that you are searching for the right support for you, that's a good thing.  

You say romancing?  What particularly triggers you? Are you ready with these excuses at the start do you think or do they sneak up on you?  Could you get a list of things to do if the same triggers happen.

I say the above as without intending too, I set myself up for failure for months, it was so hard and I couldn't understand why I kept falling off. When I worked out it was self sabotage it was a great moment because it allowed me to be really honest with myself and try something new. Just my experience and hopefully something will resonate.

Welcome and congrats on your quit from the 30th!! xx

• Like 3

Hi and a huge welcome here.....

You will find heaps of support here.....

I find staying close to the board and joining in has been such a huge help in my quit.....

I'm a life long smoker ,who quit because I was heading for amputation.....

Please don't let this be you......now is the time......there is nothing tio romance....smoking kills .

I learned a saying........smoking is not on the table.......I shouted this often.....

You can do it.......

• Like 4