Quitting attempt number 5?

Made it through the weekend :) Lets just hope I can keep going! 

BOOM!!  Good work my lovely.  All ya gotta do is not smoke, you can literally do ANYTHING else that you like!! 

I have faith that you want this, you absolutely CAN keep going, it's always a choice - hint, choose nope (not one puff ever, just for today) and keep running with that. The days stack up and do their thing while you just concentrate on taking smoking off the table for today.

xx

• Like 1

Very true, the three day battle is behind me. I feel I've done this so many times... This time... the last time. It is different. The link between thinking smoking offers some sort of happiness is not there. I am fed up with thinking that when things get tough, a cigarette will make everything better. It never makes things better. If anything I feel guilty and disgusted after smoking. The battle between your inner concious seems to be the hardest. Associating happiness or relaxation with smoking. I guess it really is junkie thinking. I've never really thought about it like that, but it makes perfect sense. Everyday I try to compare my life smoker vs non smoker. And the one thing they have in common is, my happiness, stress, struggles, etc. Are all there with or without the fag. I used to think the cigarette was the one sole thing that kept me happy or aided my bad days... How could I ever think like this? It might be my 5th attempt to qiuit but each quit brought me closer to realizing that smoking offers me nothing. 

Also, the support of everyone here is wonderful! I am glad to be apart of such a strong group of individuals. 

Cheers :)

• Like 3

Way to go Slovenka. Your previous quits were all useful practice. Most people have them.

You are absolutely right - the addiction will try to make you think that a cigarette will help..it won't. But the cravings get less, the benefits get more...every day is better and better. Keep going!

• Like 1

Really pleased to be reading this. A number of us have a few quits before "the one" and you're right, you learn from each failure and it makes this attempt really powerful!!  

Junkie thinking, yeah defo, it's a big struggle. The connection that smoking doesn't do anything, even though you may have thought differently in the past is the key thing I've read here from you. Absolutely right and I think that's a big turning point and you should be proud for getting here. Every day (sometimes hour by hour) is a win for you and a better life.  

Make sure you are treating yourself, especially on milestones.

You really are doing great!!  But don't be proud, post for support on the main board or to think things through in writing. We love to hear from others and oftentimes these good folks have some helpful hints and tips. 

xx

• Like 1