Photo Share

Petra

Our anniversary is Oct. 12th and we always try to plan a week-end getaway that includes the fall colors...A couple years ago we were up at a cottage near Mackinac City (Michigan)...we spent a week driving the coast of Lake Huron and Lake Michigan..and went across the bridge into the U.P. ..The color was great and the views of the lakes were amazing!

Here is the view from the top of a light house..not sure which one (we must have climbed a dozen)..but I think it was New Presque Isle Light House (Old Presque Isle light house is haunted...quite the story :) )

DCFC0061.jpg

This is a pic of the Tahquamenon Falls in the Upper Peninsula..we seen this and White Fish Point...Great lakes ship Wreck Museum.. (Edmond Fitzgerald)..along with the Soo Locks (Sault Ste. Marie)

DCFC0107.jpg

Last year we didnt have that much time to spend so we just took a day trip South to "Amish Country" (Holmes County Ohio...about a 2 hr drive) ..Again the color was great and its always cool to see the way things were done in a simpler time (well..for us...for them, its STILL their way of life)..

299991_301272633231540_1250346488_n.jpg?

316221_301272713231532_1770503542_n.jpg?

317542_301272863231517_1895908970_n.jpg?

This year is our 30th...nothing planned..I dont think the leaves will change by then...if anything they may just drop...my yard is already full of dead (brown) leaves :(

I don't know where you live but Gatlinburg tennesse is beautiful in the fall. So is Maine and Vermont. I love the pics, btw.

I don't know where you live but Gatlinburg tennesse is beautiful in the fall. So is Maine and Vermont. I love the pics, btw.

Well...i live in Ohio, and funny you should mention Gatlinburg...

30 years ago when we got married, I couldnt take too much time off work, so our "honeymoon trip" was a trip to Gatlinburg and a drive through the Smokey Mountains..we were a bit early for the color ...We climbed the    "Chimney Tops"    and went to  Klingmans Dome  , but as we got there, the fog (clouds)rolled in and we could hardly see our hands in front of our face  :(  .We drove along the Blue Ridge Parkway into Cherokee North Carolina and then back home....We haven't been back since, but always say we are going to go back when the leaves are changing...

Well...i live in Ohio, and funny you should mention Gatlinburg...

30 years ago when we got married, I couldnt take too much time off work, so our "honeymoon trip" was a trip to Gatlinburg and a drive through the Smokey Mountains..we were a bit early for the color ...We climbed the    "Chimney Tops"    and went to  Klingmans Dome  , but as we got there, the fog (clouds)rolled in and we could hardly see our hands in front of our face  :(  .We drove along the Blue Ridge Parkway into Cherokee North Carolina and then back home....We haven't been back since, but always say we are going to go back when the leaves are changing...

Ohio, eh? Me too! What part? And yes. Gatlinburg is awesome in the fall. They already have it ready for Halloween.

Ohio, eh? Me too! What part? And yes. Gatlinburg is awesome in the fall. They already have it ready for Halloween.

I am near Cedar Point....actually between Cedar Point and Toledo...I have daughters in Delaware and Pickerington (Columbus area)....quite a few of our "quiters seem to be in our area..

Rez is in (near) the Cleveland area....(And Tracey is visiting from an island across the pond  :wub: )

Sarge is in the Cincy area...

Bakon is in the Pittsburgh area

LadyBug (she doesnt come around alot anymore) lives East of Columbus..

NeedforspeedHM is from the South West part of Michigan....

I am betting you live around one of us...lol

I am near Cedar Point....actually between Cedar Point and Toledo...I have daughters in Delaware and Pickerington (Columbus area)....quite a few of our "quiters seem to be in our area..

Rez is in (near) the Cleveland area....(And Tracey is visiting from an island across the pond  :wub: )

I'm north of Dayton. Between Dayton and Lima.

Don't forget that NayNay is in Ohio, too ;)

• Like 1

I'm north of Dayton. Between Dayton and Lima.

That pretty much completes the State of Ohio...we have got it pretty well covered  ;)  (my son-in-law is from Brookville...a small town near you)..

Thats right..thanks Ross..i knew I would forget some...Nay Nay is near the Cleveland area also if I remember correctly..

• Like 1

Joe... I used to live in Sylvania.  Hated it.

Now...I am somewhat close in Northern Indiana.

Looks like a fun way to tailgate  :)

I didn't know Tennessee had had a place big enough for the Navy to dock their boats  ;) :P

On a side note, when my Brother-in-Law ,who retired from the U.S.Navy,was in his last year, he transferred to Tennessee.....I was confused...I mean, why is the Navy strategically located in Tennessee?....lol

• Like 1