Welcome Pusscat!

Thanks for welcome....quit about three months now, but feeling shaky and weak...alcohol is causing problems...dramas with marriage...depression won't quit...hoping it gets better...cos on top of all of this I am putting on a lot of weight...I actually don't like myself right now!!! Saw your site...any pearls of wisdom will be grateful.

PC

• Like 2

Thanks for welcome....quit about three months now, but feeling shaky and weak...alcohol is causing problems...dramas with marriage...depression won't quit...hoping it gets better...cos on top of all of this I am putting on a lot of weight...I actually don't like myself right now!!! Saw your site...any pearls of wisdom will be grateful.

PC

Welcome, PC.  So glad you found us.  For whatever reason, many people struggle around the 3 month mark, I know I did.  I couldn't stop crying.  You just have to get through it...I promise you it does get better, and very quickly at this point!  Welcome, and please let us know how we can help...

• Like 1

Welcome pussycat

Quite a few of us have gained some weight, so you are definitely not alone there.

My emotions were off the charts I did a lot of crying, most of the time I did not even know why I was crying.

I remember not liking myself very much too. Just know smoking will not make any of your problems go away.

I always suggest reading at why quit.com. The knowledge I gained there has been vital in maintaining my quit. Knowledge is power!

You have come so far. Don't turn back now!

• Like 2

Shaky and Weak: Exercise

Alcohol: Causing problems... then don't drink

Marriage: Can't help you there... I married a lesbian and promptly got divorced after she went off with another woman. (this is a true!)

Depression: See a doctor

Hoping it gets better: It will

Weight: Maybe eat carrots instead of chocolate bars (and exercise)

The main thing to remember is that all this stuff is not caused by not smoking and will not improve by smoking (with the possible exception of weight but you need to just manage your food intake on that one).

• Like 1

Hey pusscat, do you exercise??  I don't mean that rudely but all the guys here were giving it welly on the workout front and I didn't...then tried it and I really enjoy it now (aside from chandeliers lol). I get a natural high and it's done wonders in keeping my mood happier. 

It sounds as if we are about the same timeframe and tbh, I am very up and down too if that helps to know.

Agree with reading the whyquit.com site.  Education on the addiction is pretty impressive there and it really does help to know the battle your fighting.

Post here, we all take a lot from just company that understands what we are going through at times, both highs and lows.

xx

• Like 3

Hi PC, congratulations on 3 months quit :)

I have found that a lot if problems I was hiding with smoking have now started coming to the surface, and I am going to have to now tackle them. I was putting them off just like I was putting off quitting. But the god news is that, you quit smoking, so now you can do anything! You just need to make a plan just like you did with cigarettes.

Drinking can be cut down (or stopped), exorcise will make you feel a lot better, and help with your weight. Talking to your SO is a good way to help get your marriage back on track. I know I make it sound simple, but compared to quitting smoking, it is simple!

Please, stay close to the boards, and post as much as you need - lots of different folks, in different situations to help you :)

hang in there it does get better...as far as the weight I quit smoking during my weight loss(I lost 80lbs) and it did not affect me just remember proper portion sizes, right types of food and exercise....exercise as others said is great for depression(natural endorphins released), weight loss or maintaining (of course) and to get through the craves....everytime you have a crave go for a walk, do jumping jacks, or the dreaded burpees lol any movement will do it is a distraction and very helpful to a quit and to your mental health. Congrats on quitting

hang in there it does get better...as far as the weight I quit smoking during my weight loss(I lost 80lbs) and it did not affect me just remember proper portion sizes, right types of food and exercise....exercise as others said is great for depression(natural endorphins released), weight loss or maintaining (of course) and to get through the craves....everytime you have a crave go for a walk, do jumping jacks, or the dreaded burpees lol any movement will do it is a distraction and very helpful to a quit and to your mental health. Congrats on quitting

Noooooooooooooo...please no burpees!!

Welcome to the QT!  I agree with all the above, exercise and it will make you feel better.  As far as gaining weight, I gained also but it is so much better than smoking.  When you are comfortable, you can tackle loosing the weight.  If we can quit smoking, loosing weight is easy!

Sometimes it's easy to get down, but like my dearly departed father told me about tough times,  "just keep your eyes on the prize."

Be kind to yourself, vent here if you need to!

Exercise and cookies both helped me a lot.

It took me quite a while to not be looking for 'substitutions.'  Then that issue just slowly disappeared too.

But that is ok, so long as we are not smoking!

Congrats on a lovely quit.

Welcome Pussycat - congrats on a wonderful quit to date - it is normal to feel a bit wobbly still at three months but it does get better. Exercise was a major help for me - and lots of licorice a0d0423989cfe63dbac86525c36d6b54_zpsff34

Hello Pussycat and welcome.

The depression side maybe just keep your eye on it, you know yourself so if it is beyond 'the norm' I'm sure your doctor will help. Congratulations on your 3 months, fabulous! I remember it being totally pants but you have my word, it does pass and you're in for some mental peace of mind.....soon xxx

hi pc welcome

3 months is awesome and you did the right thing for YOU and join a support forum

Life is going to be challenging most of the time and we have to re-educate ourselves not to use smoking as a crutch or a screen to whats going on around us

hells bells if smoking solved problems  we would have a nation of 100 percent smokers right

your personal issues can be broken down into more manageable pieces and priorities and then it wont seem all so over whelming

the support you get here is awesome 

please keep reading and posting and you will come through this