Over The Moon!

sharonsiff

Beautiful Stu....I love the layering of colour choices with your walls and then wood paint colour...grand job, looks fabulous!

I would sit in that room a very content, peacful happy bunny. Have you got the bug? Any more rooms to do?

The table and large unit were a dark cherry colour, very forbidding. The veneer was sanded off, the main body painted while in the table top there was some grain, which was lightly stained for a natural look.

The small corner unit was pine, and was painted to match in.

The chairs were painted and recovered with a Laura Ashley material (to match the curtains, which I'm told is important)

• Like 1

The table and large unit were a dark cherry colour, very forbidding. The veneer was sanded off, the main body painted while in the table top there was some grain, which was lightly stained for a natural look.

The small corner unit was pine, and was painted to match in.

The chairs were painted and recovered with a Laura Ashley material (to match the curtains, which I'm told is important)

It looks fabulous, you must both be as pleased as punch.

I have just my walls to paint and my paint turned up today for my dining chairs. If it's sunny over the weekend beach hut but if not...he, he, he....painting. I have done my dining table and three other pieces this week. Would love this as a job.

I can just imagine some pale blue glass pebbles in the glass ornament in the corner unit, can you imagine the eye flow from the pale blue glass to the beautiful pale blue painted wall? Just beautiful treat to the eyeballs.

The room in the pictures was a separate dining room. We knocked through to the kitchen. We also knocked into the hall. So the whole space flows from kitchen through to eating through to staircase. We put in a brand new kitchen, new floors, new doors throughout the house. We converted a bedroom upstairs into a dressing room....

The main area downstairs is essentially layers of wood, creams, whites and blues...Coastal if you like.

The drawing room or sitting room depending on how posh we are feeling is cream, with wood and some rich burgundies and reds

I'll take some more photos when La Bandita isn't watching! But right now as for more...the bank account needs a rest!

• Like 1

It looks fabulous, you must both be as pleased as punch.

I have just my walls to paint and my paint turned up today for my dining chairs. If it's sunny over the weekend beach hut but if not...he, he, he....painting. I have done my dining table and three other pieces this week. Would love this as a job.

I can just imagine some pale blue glass pebbles in the glass ornament in the corner unit, can you imagine the eye flow from the pale blue glass to the beautiful pale blue painted wall? Just beautiful treat to the eyeballs.

That ornament is a crystal Riedel decanter! Frequently home to some big red wines! But you are right about the colour flow...

In terms of doing it as a job. Do it.

On Facebook, lookup Shabby Chic Restoration. Cat the owner is a total dude, single Mum who does all the stuff herself...I can put you guys together...

• Like 1

That ornament is a crystal Riedel decanter! Frequently home to some big red wines! But you are right about the colour flow...

In terms of doing it as a job. Do it.

On Facebook, lookup Shabby Chic Restoration. Cat the owner is a total dude, single Mum who does all the stuff herself...I can put you guys together...

I am going to start buying pieces, doing them up, them selling them I think Stu. I first am going to get all my house stuff done then can start during gloomy winter, give me something to look forward to. Am loving your pictures so yes...keep them coming.

• 2 weeks later...

Have finished the dining room, I love this even more than the living room. It was a mixture of this and that furniture yet a like of eggshell paint has turned it into a proper room. You know, I have seriously never felt happier since I both stopped smoking and picked up a paint brush. Might not be your taste of course but I am made up

ri9jco.jpg

292qxbm.jpg

• Like 2

Looking lovely Sharon!

you have the chic - now just let the Girls start creating the shabby bit!

Nooooo!....lol, although with our Lucy's 'bull in a china shop' ways it's only a matter of (a short) time ;)