Over The Moon!

sharonsiff

Guys.....I have finally finished finishing touches to my living room (less curtains). I have just painted over my 17 year old mahogany furniture to fit in with my newly painted walls, and new sofa. I am just loving tjis painting furniture lark! I am hitting the dining room on Saturday...can't wait. It obviously might not be your cup of tea but just wanted to show you. I have loved it because it has given me a huge sense of purpose instead of just doing the usual mumsy and wifey stuff, something that I want to do rather than just doing because I have to. A sense of self really. What with my painting and my patio pots I feel like a new wowan..lol

1qsd90.jpg

t023d3.jpg

• Like 8

Fantastic work Sharon! Great to find a fellow furniture decorator - don't a few pieces myself ;)

Jackie, I started stripping my banisters too, 6 months ago. I did one out of about 30 and it took bloody ages. Not helped by the fact that the layers if paint are full of lead, and stink to high heaven when melting it off!

Stu, I bet mine is more 'shabby' that yours, lol... :p

I must admit, you can get so much more done when you don't smoke!!!

• Like 1

Fantastic work Sharon! Great to find a fellow furniture decorator - don't a few pieces myself ;)

Jackie, I started stripping my banisters too, 6 months ago. I did one out of about 30 and it took bloody ages. Not helped by the fact that the layers if paint are full of lead, and stink to high heaven when melting it off!

Stu, I bet mine is more 'shabby' that yours, lol... :p

I must admit, you can get so much more done when you don't smoke!!!

Firstly...it's not me. My father once observed me trying to use a drill. "Son, you look like a cow with a gun".

I'm fairly certain that he was intimating to me that DIY should, for me, involve nothing more than a chequebook.

Shabby Chic. Take a good piece of furniture that is the wrong colour.

Paint it the right colour

Value has now increased.

Take sandpaper and attack right colour until wrong colour shows through.

Value has increased again.

Nuts.

• Like 3

Thanks ever so much guys.

I used to be all cookie dough and mahogany, or pine, due to having dogs and kids. Just so lovely to inject colour now and not have to play it safe.

Stu, I hope you post the pictures as I just LOVE looking at projects others have done....gives me even more inspiration and ideas.

You too Ross, post some of your projects if you get the time as I would love to see them.

Fabulous day today as I purchased the paint for all the dining room furniture. I went for bamboo leaf (olive shade) so plan to paint the walls white so the furniture comes even more to life. Saw a fabulous mini table in a junk shop today, only £20. It looks like it came from a pub and I loved the detail and shape. Sadly no room in the car today but will hopefully be able to make a purchase. I was thinking to paint it, pop on my very mini patio behind the garage and pop my herb pots on it.

There are some fabulous colours around at the moment. I transformed my conservatory old pine furniture by using Dulux's Blue Reflection, almost a duck egg blue shade. So,I have found Cuprinol's beautiful country cream shade and can just imagine the 'eye flow' from the sideboard out to the gorgeous cream as a back set, with beautiful evergreen bushes in a border. Like I said, so excited as I am just loving this make over lark. Sure as hell beats chuffing on a chemical stick ;)

23hqcxw.jpg

Stu!...don't forget to post your piccys of your shabby chic makeover, am looking forward to seeing them.

Ross, you too!....waiting to see pictures of your furniture makeovers, right up my street.

• Like 1

Great pix.  Very inspiring.  It looks like a beautiful place call home! :)

Thanks Petra...have found a new hobby and am in my element. Dining room will be finished next week, a bit like a good book though- can't wait to finish but will be sad when I have..lol...