SOS

Tink

Tracey, Sorry to hear you hit a speed bump...Glad you are still on the train :)  We all face a rough patch here and there, I think they make our quit stronger in the long run.  How are you doing now?

• Like 1

Tracey....wow......sorry I wasn't here,I was asleep....

Kind of gave me a scare there.....give up a 7 month quit.....I would have had to come down there,slap you....slap you I say....

So pleased our good guy Paul,was here to talk you through .....

You both done a fabulous job.......well done to the two of you......

Upwards on onwards Tracey.......

Oh ya.....and a big sqeezy hug from me......

• Like 1

Anger is my last emotion attached to smoking, it has got better as in it takes a lot to get to crisis point, drinking does not help in fact it makes it worse but I am not giving that up lol

I WILL NOT SMOKE and will do anything to fight it, I get frustrated with myself that I still have this last hurdle

I WILL BEAT it it's just taking longer than I would like but encouraging it is getting better

It's me that is changing and I know one day this will be behind me

I am grateful to the board and its members for going through this journey

My life has nothing to do with smoking anymore each day I learn this more and more

A special thanks and hug goes to Paul for listening to me rant and bringing me back down to earth xxx

Now to get busy with the easy peasy!!

• Like 10

Aww babe ... Major hugs. - oh and Paul can you just tell your wife ,,,,just for a moment she's sharing ... Doreen you got him first ,,,, then Tracey .... Then me !

Seriously Hun - hoe you are ok !

• Like 2

Glad you're doing so much better, Tracey.  Things always look different after 12 hrs or so have passed.  When we're angry, sad or in a crisis situation, we can be our own worst enemy because all we have is our current mindset to bounce our feelings and thoughts off of and when we're emotional, we're not capable of making sound decisions.  It's so important to reach out and share feelings when you're pissed off, sad or beyond pissed off and are seeing red.  It may be the last thing we think we need to do, but often times the right thing to do is the hardest or most uncomfortable.

You used Paul as your sounding board and what he did is something that we're incapable of doing by ourselves when we're in the middle of a crisis.  Your outlook changed dramatically in a very short amount of time.

I hope the lurkers see this thread and pay attention because of the many benefits of a quit smoking support group, the 24/7 support that is available online is beyond price.  Get involved and get to know other members because that way, when you need a little help, you know the source and it can make the difference of lighting up or not.

Great job, Tracey.  Paul, you quite possibly saved a quit and even if Tracey would have held her own, you quieted her mind and spoke reason to her.  Again, beyond price.  :)

• Like 3

All true MQ and today boy am I glad I had the board last night just knowing you are not alone in this no matter where you are is truly a life line and I will be eternally grateful 

We just have to keep pushing I have come further then I ever thought possible, education and support has been the key that's why I joined the site, actually that's why I went looking for one!

Reaching out can be hard and scary but if you are serious about quitting then fear or pride must not stand in your way

Join the board, gain the support and Knowledge you need use it when you need to and give yourself the best chance possible until you no longer need it x

• Like 6

Tracey so glad to see your still here and doing better, PAUL you are an absolute star for helping tracey, the support of the Quit Train is so valuable and was proved yet again, we all have to realise that there is no shame in admitting we are facing a crave, it happens, we sometimes need help and its really fantastic to know that we can reach out and there will always be helping hands and voices around.  Well done Tracey you came through so proud and once again PAUL amazing xx