Post a Song you Like

babs609

I watched a movie tonight. A Bronx Tale.

Chazz Palminteri played the Mafia Boss. A tough character. He was tough in real life too, as a young man.

I know I would have been in it huge, with him.

In the movie, is one of Bob Dylan Songs, played by Jimi Hendrix.

A bump. Maybe some newer person, might enjoy it too:

• Like 1

Damn! I didn't Prince was that good!

Is that Harrison's kid? Sure looks like him.

Nice to see Clapton again too!

Hey Marcus .. Did you know that "Layla" was George Harrison's wife? Well, I guess of course "you" did .. duh ...

and, you know what's coming next ...

• Like 1

Mike,

Yes, Prince is that good. No BS, he's the real deal, a lot of fancy stuff but he can shred

And that is Geo's kid, Dani. Spitting image of the old man eh?

I read a story about Layla, wasn't she Harrison's GF at one time?

• Like 1

I read a story about Layla, wasn't she Harrison's GF at one time?

I think she was Harrison's wife.The song, was about Layla, after Clapton, had tried to offer her "consolation", and fell in love with her, too!

WTH! I couldn't resist posting the original version again. NOPE! I like this later "live" version better!

• Like 1

^^^ sure remember that one.

Never seen "Sloopy" before.

She was an inspiration I'm sure.

My first 45. About that same time.

Edit: Maybe not my first, but I loved it, and drove my mom nuts playing it and a few others.

I had this one too! I don't know what's up with the pics on the video though.

• Like 1

^^^ Ya.

Jimmy Page, one of the greats! Looks good here, too.

Robert Plant still looks like the dummy he is with "no" talent. Sorry, we saw a concert of his years back, while standing in the eight row. Confirmation for me, that he is still without any talent and a fool. Supposedly, sometimes Page would join him for the odd concert on that tour but, much to my wife's chagrin who insisted we go, that wasn't the case. She loves Page. A waste of a night. One of our son-in-laws and friends slept outside in a tent in front of the stadium, to get their front row seats. (Got us 8th row ones, lol).

Stairway to Heaven. Some of Page's best work!

hmm ...

Here's "American Woman" by the Western Canadian band, that wrote it, (Randy Bachman of The Guess Who).

And one of theirs (reported to never be recorded, just copied from a concert ), that is still played on the radio here.