Post a Song you Like

babs609

Still one of my favourites. I'd give my left nut, to have had Mark's talent. What a life to have lead.

Mark wrote this song, while travelling as a young man, by train outside Detroit I believe. You can look it up if you want.

This song doesn't reach it's full genius until the 9.33 minute mark. But, that is a trademark of his composing. Poor vocals at first, then a long inspired instrumental during the last.

As before, I hope this is a burgeoning of Knopfler compositions being posted.

Oh and yes, you have to play it loud enough, to piss off the neighbours, to really appreciate it. I almost got into fist fight with the guy next door in ? 1981. After I backed him back into his back-yard, (shoving-match only), I cranked the stereo full volume at 04:00, and played it again, just to show him I still wouldn't back down. He won in the end though. I f'd my speakers. Stereo-systems didn't have any govenors in those days, or whatever electronic equipment calls it, unless you set up an amp fuse yourself, (I hadn't) ... C'est la Vie.

I'm off to get my brain zapped. I prefer loud music but, at-least the attendant has beautiful eyes.

• Like 3

That's too funny! As "dumb-ass" at work would always say. I apologize, I guess she still bugs me hugely ...

Any ways, I almost posted Joe Cocker's 'Unchain My Heart", along with my earlier video. Then when I saw this one loading before I saw the title, I thought it was going to be "She Came In Through The Bathroom Window".

God bless him. He was a huge drunk and speeder, like me.

Addendum: He performed a concert in my town, that I didn't see. He was falling down during the concert. Turns out, he spent the day drinking at one of my favorite watering holes. Where the hell was I ... something stupid like working or playing papa, Oh Well!

Here's the studio version of "Unchain My Heart", (I think).

• Like 1

This tune played through my mono blocks sounds incredible.  You can hear his fingers striking the strings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe_pj0dXbec

MQ,

Mark has the best right hand around...awesome...

Lookin for that new release thanks! Some old stuff...I thought I knew Kansas but today heard this on Pandora  lol 30 years later, wow

and these women.. still got a crush on Michael Steele

So Far From The Clyde is awesome.  One of my favorites.  The first time I heard it and really listened to the lyrics with the music it literally left me speechless.  MK has a gift that's only season  a few times per generation.  However, I wonder if the current generation skipped it. lol

MK, Lightfoot, Dylan; never to be repeated.  Ever.

• Like 1

I felt the same way about those lyrics, I was amazed. Best right hand out there, right now and there a lot of pickers up in the best. Lots of practice, I was listening to DS in the late 70's, so that's 40 years of it,

. I see the pre-release is out there thanks for the heads up on March 16th!

Some DS  Iron Hand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fMrMTerVSg

A Train song - MK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s70CtGc43A

You don't know you're born

Hill Farmer's Blues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvEWq01cg6g

-snip-

MK has a gift that's only season  a few times per generation.  However, I wonder if the current generation skipped it. lol

Of course, each generation has its own music that provides, moods, desires, drives, memories to each. But, I have to agree, many of the definitive authorities are claiming, that there were more inspired writers of songs, in different eras than others. See, the Rolling Stone's list tables below.

Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of all Time.

Maybe the brain zaps are working ... I need a woman