Post a Song you Like

babs609

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Reciprocity I read that up in your area of the Niagara Region you will get to see 100% totality.  That is going to be so amazing for you to see.  Down here in NY City, we may get a bit, but nothing of what you will experience.  You have to tell us all about it!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, QuittingGirl said:

@Reciprocity I read that up in your area of the Niagara Region you will get to see 100% totality.  That is going to be so amazing for you to see.  Down here in NY City, we may get a bit, but nothing of what you will experience.  You have to tell us all about it!!

Yes; I'm in the total eclipse zone. @Mac#23 should be also.

Should be total for about 3-4 minutes and partial for a spread of about 2 hours in total. Still a crap shoot as to what the weather will be that day (sun or cloud). In Niagara Falls they're expecting over a million people. It'll be a zoo there. I'm not going anywhere on Monday. I'll sit on my back porch & watch it. I can even BBQ some goodies & have a cold beer while the event takes place!

One weird thing I read is that when the eclipse is total, cows will lay on the ground and any bees that haven't made it back to their hives will fall to the ground during the total eclipse because they need light to navigate back to their hives. Who'd have thought?

11 hours ago, Reciprocity said:

Yes; I'm in the total eclipse zone. @Mac#23 should be also.

Should be total for about 3-4 minutes and partial for a spread of about 2 hours in total. Still a crap shoot as to what the weather will be that day (sun or cloud). In Niagara Falls they're expecting over a million people. It'll be a zoo there. I'm not going anywhere on Monday. I'll sit on my back porch & watch it. I can even BBQ some goodies & have a cold beer while the event takes place!

One weird thing I read is that when the eclipse is total, cows will lay on the ground and any bees that haven't made it back to their hives will fall to the ground during the total eclipse because they need light to navigate back to their hives. Who'd have thought?

That should be so amazing.  Is it possible for you to take a picture of how dark it gets outside and post it on here so we can see?

Yeah, I imagine for animals and insects it is really weird for them.  About 10 years ago there was also an eclipse and it was partial for us down here in the city.  I remember that when I went outside everything was eerie, no wind, no birds, nothing....just strange.  But up there for you, it will be some phenomenon. 

I'll take a pic but I've been having issues uploading pics from my phone to my laptop lately. Not sure why but it seems to only be uploading certain photos - weird. We'll see ....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since today is my 1 year quitting anniversary, I dedicate this song to all my friends on The Train!! Thank you all for your friendship! 🙂 Queen is my favorite band, I have loved them since I'm 15.  Not gonna say when that was....LOL!!!! 😆

• Like 1