Snow

Linda

5 hours ago, Mac#23 said:

I love the winter. The more it snows the more I want to be outside.

Let it snow... Let it snow.... Let it snow.

snow-day-beautiful.gif

@Mac#23 It is pretty, but I'm more of a warm weather girl as I get older lol

I do love the season changes in Michigan

• Like 4

G’day 

It’s due to rain today here. Showers with a possible storm. 80C too. So if we get frozen rain it will be big lumpy bits… hail. 
Dont think we’ll have bushfires this year for sure. Wettest November for 50 years on the east coast of australia

• Like 5

G’day 

Just a thought. Smoked outside it seams forever but I never had to go out in the cold and snow! Wow how cold could it be just to get that last lung buster in late at night. I would have been that smoker ha ha but not anymore.

Freedom to stay inside in the warmth freedom from the cravings …. Doesn’t get any better does it

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Geez I was out there in all kinds of weather ...It's so good to not have to worry about lighting up in a strong gale ...nightmare ...

I nearly lost an eyebrow one time.  All hunched over, trying to light one up on a windy day.

Everybody talks about the heart and lung issues caused by smoking.  The threat of self-immolation doesn't get as much attention.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I moved from Los Angeles, CA to Hooper, Colorado (population 135) in 2014. It was like I landed in some type of lunar hell: between living next to the Great Sand Dunes National Park with 60 MPH winds and brown-out in spring. Followed by multiple WEEKS of -25 to 40 degrees temps in the winter. It was very confusing when my sports car did not start as it was too damn cold (I've since purchased an AWD).

Nonetheless I smoked outside, risking frostbite of course. That was true dedication. Don't let anyone tell us we (EX) smokers don't have commitment!

One night I accidentally locked myself out of my apartment. Couldn't wake my landlords. Fortunately my neighbor let me sleep on her couch.

Now, did I quit? Uh, no. I made sure I left a spare key outside so that I would never lock myself out again.

• Like 7

I had  several pieces of clothing that had burn holes in them!!

Did it piss me off, oh yeah but not enough to make me stop!!

Also some burned lips and fingers. I guess we addicts were into

Self abuse! How crazy

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

What about the blistered lip...when that dam ciggerette stuck to it ...

Oh yaa....I remember that pain...

Anyone else .... ciggerette self harm ????

G’day 

Yep I remember that. And when the cig butt got stuck to your lip you continued to try and take the cig from your mouth and the glowing cherry burnt between your fingers. Ouch.  Then it dropped on your lap. You jumped up And brushed it off real quick in a cloud of sparks. Then jumped around marking sure you weren’t setting something else alight. Crap! There’s a smouldering bit burning on your shorts. Spit on you finger and use that that to put it out.

O well that’s my excitement for the day. Where was I … yes better light another smoke to make up for that 1/2 finished one and that will calm my nerves.
Yep that addict, that was me

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Cbdave said:

Then it dropped on your lap. You jumped up And brushed it off real quick in a cloud of sparks. Then jumped around marking sure you weren’t setting something else alight. Crap! There’s a smouldering bit burning on your shorts. Spit on you finger and use that that to put it out.

O well that’s my excitement for the day.

The Dude had a rough night.  And he hates The Eagles.

• Haha 4

I think I've done it all! Cigarette stuck to the lips while smoking an unfiltered one...ouch! Lighting the filter end...ugh! Being out somewhere and lighting up ... then placing lit cig in an ashtray...and lighting up a second one! Dropping a lit cig in car while driving....and it rolls under the seat...had to pull over quick for that one! Burn holes in sweaters and jackets...and car mats and seats.

How about taking a sip from that soda can while at an outdoor party and whoa! You forgot you were using it as an ashtray ... NASTY!!!

One of my uncles once set his car on fire after a night out....on his way home, he threw a lit cig out the driver's window and didn't realize it blew back inside onto the back seat! Parked his car in his driveway and went inside to bed. A neighbor noticed the flames and called fire dept. Car was totaled. He was lucky the gas tank didn't explode and his house didn't burn to the ground!! 

When I was a kid, my father fell asleep with a lit cig in his hand and set the living room couch on fire ... my bedroom was upstairs and I was dreaming that I was running after a city bus and was choking from the exhaust fumes ... lucky for my family that I woke up, saw lots of smoke in my room and ran downstairs and saw a huge plume of toxic smoke pouring out of the cushion (it was going straight up the stairs!) I was able to wake up my Dad and we dragged that flaming/smoking couch cushion outside and soaked it with the hose. Dad never smoked in the living room again!

Edited by Rozuki
  • Like 5