The dentist thought i was from the Mediterranean

babs609

20 years ago I went to this dentist who when reading my questionnaire, and he questioned why I checked off purple gums....I said "because they are.  See?"  He chuckled and said "Some people have pigments that are darker and many times those from the Mediterranean have a purplish tint to their gums, nothing to worry about". 

So....for the next 20 years I believed I just had purple gums.  I was nearly full blooded German and nowhere near the Mediterranean but ok.

Well.......the other day...I was flossing and taking a good look at my gums....I couldn't believe it; THEY ARE PINK!!!  Nice and pink just like a normal person.  Not only pink but healthy looking and tight against my teeth. 

In 1 month...I will be 2 years smober...and the benefits keep popping up.

I no longer see that dentist.

• Like 10

You ever tried that coconut oil pulling?

I did it like every day for about 2 months...now I do it about 2-3 times/week at 20 min a throw.  It's not very fun at all, but it does seem to help with teeth sensitivity and helps keep them whiter (I am only supposed to use pronamel toothpaste and no whiteners b/c I used to have such sensitive teeth, and as I drink a ton of coffee it is good to have whitening options.)

• Like 1

I have done the pulling here and there...but not consistently

I was doing it on my way to work for a little while since it's a 20 min drive...until the one day there was an accident and I ended up stuck with it in my mouth for 45 min!!

haha...now I bring a cup

I was thinking about this after reading it, and I've realised my gums haven't bled for ages... well... OK... There was a flossing incident but we can rule that one out... but just from brushing alone I can't actually remember the last time they bled. Which is good!

• Like 1

Teeth will whiten with just brushing. That's all I have done and a cap I have is my reference. I can see teeth getting back to color from 15 or more years ago after 18 months