I failed

Gabby

Just take smoking off the table..smoking is not even an option. When smoking is not even an option it becomes easier to cope with a crave. When nicodemon whispers in your ear just shout at him NO! You are a non smoker..so why would you smoke! :)

Thank you Maryland Quitter going on the pledges did make me feel better, now I have told someone.  Lot of eye rolling in the family here she goes again( know what I mean)

• Like 2

Thank you Maryland Quitter going on the pledges did make me feel better, now I have told someone.  Lot of eye rolling in the family here she goes again( know what I mean)

I know exactly what you mean.  I was that same person that got the eye rolling and "you said that yesterday".  Several months later and the eye rolling in nonexistent.  Now if I were to smoke, eyes would pop out of their heads. 

Eye_Popping_Cartoons_by_JVCartoons.jpg

I am going to take Marti idea and go for a walk. See you guys later. Big eye rolling in my house Marylandquitter.

Lett' Em roll.  Don't give an inch and keep going.  You're now a non-smoker.  You don't smoke.  You've already quit smoking for the love of all things good, don't start.

Hi Gabby - glad the walk helped - I know the two things that helped me were exercise and posting and receiving support from the people on this board !! Everyone here knows how tough it can be at the start of your quit - which may not be the case with your own family - so remember to ask us for any support you need !

Failing is not the end of the world! Look at how many times it took man to learn how to fly. Sometimes we need to learn how to not fail. One good thing is now you can start again and this time you can use your experience and this board to help you make that your last fail!

Sorry I didn't see this Gabby. 

How you feeling today??

Eyerolling, oh wow, check lol, so many times I cringed as I had to say the f word (fail lol).  Now you will show them, simple! How did the walk work for you? I find actual moving really helps me, as did mopping my floors early days....super clean my kitchen floor haha.  I still get thoughts but they are only thoughts and I still know now that I don't want to smoke. I say this to you so you know we just need to re program. It feels hard now but it does get easier. I walk and forget the thought for the rest of the day (or night) but there were times in previous quits and this one early on that those thoughts would chase me - you can shut them down by always just saying to yourself that smoking is not on the table today, nope for today. 

Final tip, those craves ALWAYS pass and you are ALWAYS really happy you still have your quit intact. ((Gabby)) big hugs chick. xx