On the fence ?

Abby

It's a great time to quit smoking with so much to do in the summer . Do not waste it away by taking ten minutes 25 times a day smoking . By Christmas you will have six months in and by next summer you will have the best summer of your life . Don't put off what you can do now . You won't regret it. 

We are in a heat wave . It's something I like , but not for everyone. It's much easier to adjust to , than our cold winter . I'm still walking , except I have gotten a mighty sore throat and wheezing so staying in and away from folks til I speak with Doc . It's part I believe of an allergic asthma flare but will talk to my doc today to be cautious . I have both shots now and they are rolling out fast and furious here now l Its made all the difference folks .

We are now at stage 1 easing of restrictions with more easing on June 10 followed by ( if all goes well ) to almost no restrictions by July 1 . My 10 year quitversary is day before Canada day . Fireworks baby ! Celebration time !

Did I ever think I could quit no , did I even think one day at a time would get me ten years quit no , ten years quit was only someone's else's prayers answered , their reality but here I am a month away from ten years quit .   One day at a time and not smoking one puff will get you everywhere . Reading post after after posts ten years ,  listening , reaching out , giving back k staying silent at times , writing , and doing something different other than smoking  got me here . 

Wednesday today , hump day . It's a perfect day to quit today . Summer a perfect time to quit . Morning , afternoon , or evening a great way to start your day or end it . If you are on the fence come on over . 

Do it . 

Celebrate  day 1 . The 11 then 111 then 1111 then 11111. Won day at a time . 

Won day at a time is what it takes , go to bed smoke free and you will wake up feeling free  . 

How did we get here . (keeping the quit )

We got through it by getting through and not giving up . 

How did we get here ( to restrictions being lifted and life getting back to normal?  

We got through it by getting through and not giving up.    

We took action ; we said nope which were the restrictions to get through this addiction and we heeded restrictions , wore masks ,  took better care of ourselves and vaccinated and we are getting through a pandemic . . Not without hardship or trials , stress or loss of loved ones , gosh so many passed from addiction and the pandemic this last fifteen months . We still gave a long way to go . Every country is affected just like smoking has affected everyone world wide and we have to eradicate it for good .To all the families I'm so sorry for your loss but together we can all bring comfort to each another because we can through these trying times offer our support , understanding , compassion and love .

Life is short . Way too short . Quit smoking today . Start by caring about you and it will radiate and shine to thousands .  If you just take a leap of faith we will be there for you . 

• Like 5